Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm selling my baby. I decided I want a hatch. Mods are all listed in my signature, minus the fact that it has edelbrock heads, not GT40's. The car needs a new top, which I have brand new in the box to go with the car, a new speedometer cable, which I also have, either a new valve cover gasket, or rear main seal(leaks a tiny bit of oil over night), and the outer door window moldings. It has very very little rust underneath, paint is near mint, smoked tail lights, interior would be 9/10. Is $4000 a good price? Should I go a little higher? A little lower? Thanks guys

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has 133,000 actual miles, mostly highway.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It also has brand new Fuzion ZR1 tires on it only 1 month old, and motor wise, i'd imagine theres more work done to it. I'm still somewhat new to mustangs and still learning. One other thing I forgot to mention is that I have a pioneer cd player with ipod connection, aftermarket speakers, and a nice sub in the back...it's got a nice sound system :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would say ask for a high of $5,000.00 and negotiate the price that way if sell it for more than 4k you win some but if a serious buyer with cash at had you could say 4k its yours......but thats just me :winks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So then I'm definitely being very fair with my price, awesome. I also put the option to trade for an 89-92 hatch of pretty much equal value to mine.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
617 Posts
Wow I can't believe how cheap these fox cars are in the U.S. Your vert is at least an $8000.00 car up here. I have seen some nice Gt's go for 11-15 grand. I paid $7000.00 for mine and that was 9 years ago. Maybe it's just my region as they are very sought after here.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Wow I can't believe how cheap these fox cars are in the U.S. Your vert is at least an $8000.00 car up here. I have seen some nice Gt's go for 11-15 grand. I paid $7000.00 for mine and that was 9 years ago. Maybe it's just my region as they are very sought after here.
Everything in Canada cost more, even new cars are a couple thousand more than what we get them for here.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Really you should consider a 94+ car, the build quality and drivability are much better than the Foxes...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm a fox guy. A 5.0 Hatch has been my dream car since I was like 5.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
That fox Looks beat...And whats with all that wiring and looks to be spare parts in the back seat???/The front seat is worn and looks bent...And this is what i can see form pics...If you need help picking out a Fox i might be able to help you out...I looked at a few before i picked mine up and trust me there are JUNKS out there in NJ...Plus My friend has this speacil tool that measures paint thickness a stock car should be 4.0 to 4.5 mils...My car is all orignal no body work and never been re-painted,i had my friend chech it out for me...So if you need help let me know...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just found a much better trade. A 1993 hatchback with a fully built 347. Its in much better condition, all it needs is the hood painted.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Just found a much better trade. A 1993 hatchback with a fully built 347. Its in much better condition, all it needs is the hood painted.
Post up pics :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should mention that the car is going to be a street/strip car, so interior and exterior arent super important to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.