1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if this doesn't work I will start breaking them up. I can really use the room in my garage.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey kscoyote I got a question.

So I just called Ford to set up my appointment and mentioned a few things. They seem ok about the seat belt and rocker panel being under wananty. I mentioned that I have a K&N air filter in the car and she was like, I just want you to realized though, that if you have any engine problems when they inspect that the K&N air filter will void the waranty. How can this be or are they full of sh*t and would be trying to get over?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
Hey kscoyote I got a question.

So I just called Ford to set up my appointment and mentioned a few things. They seem ok about the seat belt and rocker panel being under wananty. I mentioned that I have a K&N air filter in the car and she was like, I just want you to realized though, that if you have any engine problems when they inspect that the K&N air filter will void the waranty. How can this be or are they full of sh*t and would be trying to get over?
She's full of crap. The ONLY thing affected by the K&N is the MAF, which can get dirty from the oil -she's setting you up to replace the MAF, when all it ever needs is computer contact cleaner.

None of the dealers I deal with ever say anything about that. Change your dealership, or if you can't, just be ready to escalate it to Ford's Regional Team. They can override the dealer.

My Focus had an AEM intake that pulled air from th ebottom of the car (I didn't know it, I bought it as a used car from an ISUZU DEALERSHIP). I went through a car wash, it sucked up a bunch of water and blew the engine.

The dealership called the FRT, who sent an engineer, who said it was the intake that caused the engine to blow up, but STILL gave me a new engine for free -all I had to do was promise to put an OEM intake on the car.

I didn't have to go to bat, the DEALERSHIP went to bat for ME. That's the kind of folks you want to deal with . . . But I go to that dealership all the time, and follow all the maintenence religiously (I have to, since I drive 40,000 a year, and I've got 5 years to pay it off). So they see me once a month.

You can tell them this story, the next time you're there, and tell 'em that's what you expect from them, or you're going elsewhere for SALES AND SERVICE.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe what I should do is get the seat belt fixed and the rocker panel and simply bring it to STS which I've been using and am happy with for a 30,000 mile service. I guess they could do the job and there is no reason to have Ford do it. I've been bringing it to STS ever since my second visit to Ford because they are nothing but BSers there.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
Maybe what I should do is get the seat belt fixed and the rocker panel and simply bring it to STS which I've been using and am happy with for a 30,000 mile service. I guess they could do the job and there is no reason to have Ford do it. I've been bringing it to STS ever since my second visit to Ford because they are nothing but BSers there.

What's STS?

Still, you should let 'em know the jig is up, and you're taking it elsewhere, for that reason. Hell, put it on a postcard and mail it to 'em -they HATE that, because everyone in the mail system gets to read what you wrote.

:laughlitt

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STS is a service center type chain shop. After waiting at Ford for 90min to get an oil change I got fed up and started going here. The guys are nice and courtious and they do an oil change in 10-15min. Plus I can watch them do it through the window. I have no idea what crap Ford does when they take your car. Funny thing is, we have a Nissan Murano and that dealership is owned by the same people that own the Ford dealership. You get a totally different treatment at Nissan though. Also, I saw their shop and they wax and clean that thing every day. It looks like those shops you see on TV and have no oil or grease anywhere.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
STS is a service center type chain shop. After waiting at Ford for 90min to get an oil change I got fed up and started going here. The guys are nice and courtious and they do an oil change in 10-15min. Plus I can watch them do it through the window. I have no idea what crap Ford does when they take your car. Funny thing is, we have a Nissan Murano and that dealership is owned by the same people that own the Ford dealership. You get a totally different treatment at Nissan though. Also, I saw their shop and they wax and clean that thing every day. It looks like those shops you see on TV and have no oil or grease anywhere.
Japanese manufacturers generally have more strings attached to dealer ops. Domestic Manufacturers generally are laissez faire with regards to dealers. They can do whatever they want, -they let the market decide.

Bad for image, but -c'est la vie!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Votre Français est très bon. HA HA ....had to do it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay so I canceled my appt with Ford and I will send them a post card like suggested. I think I'll get the warranty stuff done at another Ford dealership and use the STS for my 30,000 mile service. Oh and btw, I was very happy that my old V6 OEM tires sold on eBay for 2 bills.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
Votre Français est très bon. HA HA ....had to do it!
mon arriere grand-mere etait francais

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
Okay so I canceled my appt with Ford and I will send them a post card like suggested. I think I'll get the warranty stuff done at another Ford dealership and use the STS for my 30,000 mile service. Oh and btw, I was very happy that my old V6 OEM tires sold on eBay for 2 bills.

Cool beans!

:happyhapp

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
hey, now with the 2 bills, you can get an underdriver!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I may put it in the kitty to buy my wife's cousin's '88 35th Anniversary Vette in the spring. I'll be the only guy on my block with a Mustang and a Corvette!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
Actually I may put it in the kitty to buy my wife's cousin's '88 35th Anniversary Vette in the spring. I'll be the only guy on my block with a Mustang and a Corvette!
don't sully your reputation with the Corvette!!

Get the Shelby!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mustang rookie said:
Corvettes aren't that bad are they??????

tom
only corvette owners!

:laughlitt

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very funny!!! Actually here in NJ, its the Mustang owners that drive like asses (too many young kids owning GTs). Corvette owners always drive like Grandma (maybe 'cause you have to be older to afford them). They probably don't want to hurt the car. Anyway, with a kid on the way, I'm not sure I will get the Vette. After all, the Stang still has a back seat...what a plus. It's a good place for me to squeeze the kid into. :eyepoppin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.