Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sept 18 - 2nd Annual All Ford Mustangs Show, Shine & Shootout - Clarenville Dragway

2nd Annual All Ford Mustangs Show, Shine & Shootout

This coming Sunday September 18th will be our 2nd Annual All Ford Mustangs Show Shine and Shootout at the Clarenville Dragway.

If racing is not for you, no problem. You will be given a number slip to put in your window with your name and number on it for the voting process. The voting for the Show & Shine is open to the general public as well as our club members. The track has lined up some great prizes for the show and shine. Even if your not racing you don’t want to miss out.

Racing will be conducted in a slightly different set of classes then last year.

Last year we ran:
Class 1 - V6 class

Class 2 - GT Class - This will also take in any V6 running power adders

Class 3 - Cobra class - Any V8 cars w/ power adders (turbos, superchargers, NOS, etc) running 11 seconds or slower

Even though we were generally happy with the out come, this year we will be make 1 possibly 2 additional categories to ensure that you are racing against cars with similar power and/or track times.

For example, its not a very exciting race if a supercharged GT runs against Bill's nasty Shelby GT500.

This years races are sure to be close and even more fun for those involved.

If you wish to make some practice passes the track will be open on Saturday the 17th as well.

Costs for this event are as follows.
General Admission/Show & Shine Sign up
2 day adult $15, 1 day adult $10, 1 day child $2

Saturday
Racing $20 Includes Driver Only

Sunday
Racing $20 Includes Driver Only

Weekend Pass
Racing $40 Includes Driver Only

If you pay for Racing this also covers your admittance into the show and shine. The track has offered 50% of our proceeds to the track back to us in the form of a cheque which will be presented at our Sunday Morning brunch at a later date. This of course will help cover costs of trophy’s with the remaining balance going to a help with cost associate with our events through the fall of 2011.

Trophy’s will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place in each class as well there is an award for “Fastest Female” this year. So all you ladies be sure to bring your rides out to the track. **CAUTION** This award you may have to wrestle away from last years winner, Patsy King!

All you are required to be able to race is a DOT certified helmet. Most any of the motorcycle, skidoo, or atv helmets available have this certification.

There is food available on site with rumors of the best fish and chips west of Ches’s aswell there are bathroom facilities on site.

Sunday Morning Mustang Cruise to the Track

On Sunday morning a group of us will be meeting up at the Irving Restaurant in Donovan's at 7:00am for breakfast and fill-up then leaving for Clarenville at 8:00am sharp. We will be having a brief stop over in Whitbourne/Moorlands so others can meet up with us there. We hope to get to Clarenville and get setup early so that racing can begin no later then 11:00. If you plan on racing please be at the track by 10:00am for registration.

After the Mustang show and shoot-out, we will be dropping by East Side Mario's in Clarenville for a quick bite before cruising back to St. John's.

Sundays weather forecast is calling for a perfect day with sun and blue skies all day long!

Our Mustang Show and Shine is being held inside the dragway's pit area, making it perfect for those who also plan on running the track. Like last year, we are looking forward to a great time and a fun filled family day at the track.

For those not cruising with us: To get to the track just take the Bonivista highway turn off just past Clarenville, from there you will have no problem finding the track. Click here for a map to the Dragway.

Map

Please Post Here as to if you plan on racing or just soaking up some sun and showing your car.

Please post the following:

Drivers/Owners name:
Event: Show and Shine or racing or both
Short Vehicle Description: ie: body style, engine size, estimated hp, any mods you may be running, etc, if you don't know these things tell us as much as you can. This is meant to make sure you end up in the right class and as always this is just for fun so please be honest.

Hope everyone is as pumped up as I am about this event. Come out and enjoy the weather and have a little fun in the process.
See you at the track!

Cheers
Ryan Gates
NLMustangs.ca

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Drivers/Owners name: Ryan Gates
Event: Show and Shine & Racing
Short Vehicle Description: 2004 SVT Cobra Conv., approx 430hp, few bolt on mods such as exhaust & chip. ran 13.2 last year, hope to do better this year. :)

G

·
...For example, its not a very exciting race if a supercharged GT runs against Bill's nasty Shelby GT500...
Supercharged GT's can run a lot faster than mine..and she's not nasty, she's a very sweet, well-behaved, mild mannered pony..I call her "Sue" :shigrin

All jokes aside, hope to be there with bells on, but depends on work scheduling :needahand:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I plan to be there for sure. Looking forward to it!

2004 GT with Saleen Series IV Supercharger.

Tuning hasn't been sorted out yet so car is not running well. So not sure about HP.

Hopefully it will be sorted out before race day......otherwise no runs for me. Will still attend the Show and Shine though.

I like the adjustments that will be made to the categories. Will make things more fair for sure.

Looking forward to it. Last year was a blast!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Owner- Jason Ivany
Short Vehicle Description: 03 Cobra- 420rwhp.

Maybe a good idea to have a classfor slick/drag radial cars as well to level the playing field. LOL.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i will be there too if my clutch shows up by friday im out in garage now puttin new motor together hopefully i can get clutch by friday and get everything broke in befor sunday centerforce wants a 500mile break in period

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sept. 18,2011-Trip to Clarenville?

With the forecast being good, but cool for Sunday, are we still headed to the Clarenville Dragway this coming Sunday, the 18th??

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey Guys,

Everything is a go for Sunday! Bring your friends and shine up the cars! After last nights run there is no doubt that there is a competitive spirit in the air and everyone is getting ready to lay it on the line at the track. All of the information in the first post is updated and accurate. Looks like a nice day to cruise out to Clarenville and then make a few passes.

See you out there!

Tom C.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Owner- Tom Cromwell
Short Vehicle Description: Supercharged 4.0 v6

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cant wait for Sunday!! Mustangs dragging at the Clarenville Dragway!! Going to be a fun day!! Hope to see lots of You Mustang people out there!! :kooky:

G

·
Drivers/Owners name: Mike aka "John Force"
Short Vehicle Description: 2008 Shelby GT500 Vapor Vert Stock
Mod list: 3 coats of chemical guys xxx wax and poor boys tire shine.
Trained by track guro Mark Loveless I'm hoping to crush all that race me or at least not to red light :laugh:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wendy Baker
O7 v6 'vert, bone stock, 2 little girls as ballast

·
Registered
157 Posts
New bushings are 1/2 done. I will be ready for Sunday.

Owner: Barry Stanley
Event: Show & Shine & racing
Vehicle description: In sig.

·
Registered
40 Posts
unable to attend . arrived last evening after a week on the road and 1800 kms. with Targa . my wife , myself , and my mustang need a rest . sorry again for the second time , maybe next year .

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey All,

First off what a great day! We had a really good turn out and the racing was very close! Big thanks to everyone for coming out and to the Clarenville Drag Way for hosting us for the second year running.

This year we ran 2 categories, Unlimited and Fastest ET. Our winners were Rick Squires with Rick Pincent as runner up in the Unlimited class and Colin Short with Dennis Brown as runner up in the fastest ET class. Additionally, we had an open ballot for the viewers choice car from the Show and Shine with Elizabeth Cortney taking third, mystery man owner of car 4 taking second and Rick Squires taking first. If anyone can help identifying the owner of car 4, please let me know as I have his prize in my garage. Congratulations to all!

For myself, this was a great day. I beat my pre-supercharger ET of 15.2 with a massively faster best of 13.877. This was with an open rear end and a car which is basically stock other than the exhaust and blower. I can't wait for next year!

For anyone that attended I would love to hear your feed back and feel free to post videos or pictures!

regards,
Tom

Bonus:
Here is what happens when power exceeds traction!
MOV02410 - YouTube

·
Registered
18 Posts
That would be me. Sorry bout taking off early. Awesome day. It keeps getting better 13.1 and prize.

·
Registered
398 Posts
ah no worries buddy. I have a nice jacket for ya in the car. I will give it to you on Thursday. Also, you are in the video above. Nice smoke show duet we put on eh?

G

·
What a great day, Nice Job Tom :worship
Here are a few Pictures I took..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts