Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I received sequentials as a gift about 2 weeks ago. After a week the left harness was messing up. I called AM and they sent me a new one. I installed it and all is good except for one thing. When I locked my car with the original harness all 3 lights pulsed out. Now with this new one only the inmost 2 lights pulse out. Is that normal?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
It sounds like you've got units from two different manufacturers. Call AM and tell them you want a matching pair.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine do that too ever since I sent them back to WebElectric to fix em. It does not affect the brake and turn signal sequencing so I dont think its a problem. As long as both sides do the same thing and they work properly otherwise I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@revtime mine are the same way, I didn't think it is a problem but I am the only mustang around that I know of who has them so I didn't have anyone to compare it to. Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Im 99% positive only the 2 inmost lights light up when locking the car via the fob on my seq.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My car had that problem. It was a dead bulb.

Might be worth checking. IIRC, the "blinking twice as fast when a bulb is dead" thing goes away with the sequential. But I haven't had sequential tail lights in a year, and I have terrible memory... Since i traded my V6 in...

Also miss my stereo in that thing...why oh why did I trade??

Oh right... the fact that I had to change my pants after test driving my GT.:shigrin

I should really get sequentials again, they were sweet.

·
Registered
167 Posts
When you lock your doors with the fob, the signal sent to flash the lights is very short so there is only time for two bulbs to pulse. If it was a longer flash, there would be time for all three to light up.

Normal! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine started doing weird things and I discovered that the factory Sylvannia bulbs did not fit in the sockets tight. Replaced with new NAPA bulbs and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just for more info.. We have the meter4it chase lights on our 06 and when we lock the doors all of lights do get lit up (in the chase sequence).

Also, the double speed flash still works IF the inner most bulb is the one blown our if you screw up your harness by putting a transmission in the truck (broke the connector by having too much weight right on it).

I can't say what happens in sequential mode as we always run ours in chase.

~Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts