Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The search isn't pulling up the thread I'm looking for.
All the sequential tail light kits that I've seen are about $150. I thought I had read here before that someone had found them for $60. Anyone have a link to that kit?

·
Registered
139 Posts
You might want to verify that the less expensive route wont result in messing up the flashing of your front turn signals, I read somewhere that this was a problem

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess sequential tail lights are considered tech. Just found a bunch of threads using the search feature in tech.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a taillight kit off e-bay. Company had been in business about 17 years. Kit took about 45 minutes to install,had good directions and cost about $70 shipping and all. The kit even comes with a socket insert to make the inside taillight bulb work in sequence also. All 3 flash. Works Great.:winks

I've had no problems with mine.

2005 GT Vert - Screaming Yellow - Black Leather Int.
added Yellow Mustang Graphics to Back Glass & Black
Mustang herd to sides.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Go for the WebElectric Products. I would also recommend getting the 3rd brake light pulser as well. Very nice products and they are very helpful, responsive, quick, trustworthy. Good quality products!! :eyepoppin

Link is: http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

Dave
www.sunnyfortuna.com

·
Registered
149 Posts
One more thing ---- If you ever have to pull off the black plastic cover on the trunk lid to change the bulb for your 3rd brake light DO IT WITH EXTREME CARE. It's just a cheap hunk of plastic and it is suppose to pull right off. Mine pulled right off and the back of it on one side stayed attached to the car --- not even gorilla glue would fix it --- made cheaply and designed to break easily. . I had to buy a new one and of course Ford charged 44 bucks for it ---- figures!!

Later....Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Fleg said:
Guess sequential tail lights are considered tech. Just found a bunch of threads using the search feature in tech.
If you also will check the newest issue of Mustang Monthly they not only have a good option for the sequential lights (including making the 3rd one flash) but have the pictures and walk-through process on installing them. Get a copy and give it a preview -- I think you'll like what you see. That's my plan of attack on the kind and method.
Mach 73

·
Registered
131 Posts
RedFire_Dave said:
One more thing ---- If you ever have to pull off the black plastic cover on the trunk lid to change the bulb for your 3rd brake light DO IT WITH EXTREME CARE. It's just a cheap hunk of plastic and it is suppose to pull right off. Mine pulled right off and the back of it on one side stayed attached to the car --- not even gorilla glue would fix it --- made cheaply and designed to break easily. . I had to buy a new one and of course Ford charged 44 bucks for it ---- figures!!

Later....Dave
Why did you pay $44.00 for the cover??? I had mine replaced by the dealer for free. Claimed that it kept fall off and they replaced it. No questions asked.

·
Registered
149 Posts
CityDave said:
Why did you pay $44.00 for the cover??? I had mine replaced by the dealer for free. Claimed that it kept fall off and they replaced it. No questions asked.
It was obvious it didn't or couldn't just fall off especially with those clips and I don't lie......except sometimes :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok as I am looking on adding sequentail turn signals....I see that there are 2 companies (prob more but I saw two) that make a non-splice replacement. The first is DYNAMITE STICK and the second is WEB ELECTRONICS. Can anyone tell me if one if easier to install than the other or is one better than the other.

Thanks
Tom:shrug

·
Registered
259 Posts
copandnurse said:
Ok as I am looking on adding sequentail turn signals....I see that there are 2 companies (prob more but I saw two) that make a non-splice replacement. The first is DYNAMITE STICK and the second is WEB ELECTRONICS. Can anyone tell me if one if easier to install than the other or is one better than the other.

Thanks
i put on web electronics and they where a snap. fast and easy!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One company had a chase mode. I really liked that one but it looked far more difficult then any of the other kits I've seen yet.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just bought the Web Electric ones and the pulser. I am going to eat the $40 and keep my harness in case I have to swap it out. I'll be living in different countries in the years to come and needed an easy way to go back to stock just in case.

·
Registered
92 Posts
copandnurse said:

Thanks
Tom,
Just a word to your comments above: The CDC Dynamite Stick does NOT plug-n-play, you have to splice and poke a hole in the grommets.
The WebElecric Products sequential turn signals are a TRUE plug-n-play harnesss. just unplug the original harness and replace it with the new harness..piece of cake. Larry at WebElectric really stands behind his products too, you won't be disappointed.

Hec

1 - 15 of 15 Posts