Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, a week ago I installed sequential taillights in my 05 and last night I was driving my mustang and I noticed that my left turn signal indicator was blinking faster then normal. Upon further inspection I discovered that out of the 3 part taillight, my inner most was fine, my middle was not, and my outermost was blinking weakly out or rhythm. Provided this is a Plug and play system so I couldn't figure out what to do other then to try and find information on the forum. Nothing I could find really helped me so now that I have the answer I wanted to help everyone out incase this problem plagues anyone else. I called American Muscle this morning and the guy that I spoke to explained that there was a recall on the sequential tail light kit recently. They believed that they got all the bad ones out of circulation but as it turns out there are still a few out there. Needless to say they are sending me a new one drama free to fix the problem. I hope this little bit of information helps!

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Is there a question here?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
thats cool they are hooking you up. i think the place i got mine went out of buis so i hope mine dont take a dump. ive had bulbs burn out though and i get the fast flash. sounds like you`ll be back to blinking in no time :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Had to send mine back to Webelectric to fix my issues. Seems to be working fine now.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had a loose connection when I first installed mine that caused the third light in the sequence not to light up. The wiring harness was a bit of a tight fit to install. There's no tension now that everything is seated, but I did have to tug some to first get the notches to line up. I jiggered the offending bulb's wire a bit and got it to reconnect, but I'm always afraid the bass from my shaker is going to knock it loose again someday :D

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Hey everyone, a week ago I installed sequential taillights in my 05 and last night I was driving my mustang and I noticed that my left turn signal indicator was blinking faster then normal. Upon further inspection I discovered that out of the 3 part taillight, my inner most was fine, my middle was not, and my outermost was blinking weakly out or rhythm. Provided this is a Plug and play system so I couldn't figure out what to do other then to try and find information on the forum. Nothing I could find really helped me so now that I have the answer I wanted to help everyone out incase this problem plagues anyone else. I called American Muscle this morning and the guy that I spoke to explained that there was a recall on the sequential tail light kit recently. They believed that they got all the bad ones out of circulation but as it turns out there are still a few out there. Needless to say they are sending me a new one drama free to fix the problem. I hope this little bit of information helps!

Glad to hear our reps could get you taken care of!:bigthumbsup

In the future, if only one side is an issue, just swap the harnesses and see if the effected side changes. If it does, it's likely a defective harness.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@SOMDStang thats the price of having such a good sound system, glad your's worked out.

@Yadkin nope, no question. But I had problems trying to find out what was going on with mine and when I found out from AM on the phone I thought I would pass on the message to others who may be having the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts