Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am considering the seq. tail light kits, but i would love to see a video of them before i buy. any body got on, can make one or know where i can see one? that would be great thanks

in addition what is the closest kit to plug and play out there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The most popular kit seems to be the one by WebElectrics. Here is a gif of the turn signal:

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/sts/mustang/05/m05seq.gif

And here is a link to a movie from Roboz, showing the brake light sequence:

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/HTMLobj-4783/MVC-005V.MPG

I personally do not like the brake light sequence. Maybe it's just me, but if I have to slam em down, I don't want the 0.5 sec it takes for the bonehead behind me to realize what all those flashy lights mean. You have to admit, during that one sequence, a driver behind you could misinterpret them as a hazard signal, or simply get distracted by a sight he isn't used to seeing. That half a second could mean the difference between him coming to a safe stop or riding up into your ass end. I would get them if they had a feature to disable the brake light sequence however, because they are pretty cool looking. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so when you hit the brakes, the lights do the 1,2,3 thing also. i dont like that at all. do all the kits do this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah that is what they do. The turn signal effect by itself is pretty cool, but it's almost like the designers of that kit said, "oh lets see what all other lights we can make do weird ****". I think it's kind of going overboard at best and potentially unsafe at worst. I'm not sure of how any other kits operate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's not up to the makers of the kit if you want sequential tail lights, the brake lights (same circuit) will sequence also. However, they only sequence once then all stay on, unless you let off the brakes & start again.

I installed them on my '05 & they work great. I bought them off e-bay (using make an offer) they install easy. The one I bought also had a connection to make the inside light function as a dual element like the rest of the bulbs, so you get a 3 light sequence all the time. Ford already put in dual element bulbs, just not dual element socket. :thumbsup

·
Registered
196 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
so when you hit the brakes, the lights do the 1,2,3 thing also. i dont like that at all. do all the kits do this?
<LI id=websterItem1>sequential
(adjective) 1 : of, relating to, or arranged in a sequence : SERIAL < sequential file systems>; 2 : following in sequence; 3 : relating to or based on a method of testing a statistical hypothesis that involves examination of a sequence of samples for each of which the decision is made to accept or reject the hypothesis or to continue sampling I don't think #3 applies to the taillights but it is an interesting concept. :winks

·
Registered
816 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
I have the webelectrics splice and dice kit installed. I can't speak for other manufacturers, but the webelectric kits include a feature to disable the single sequence when you hit the brakes. You will have to do some wiring up to the fuse panel though. Just a couple of wires to run. :yup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IN RESPONSE TO SANDYMANWOW, your a pr!ck, thanks for the definiton, but i could of looked it up too.
yeah dont think i will be getting these.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I want them!!!!

I need to add some bling to my rizzle for shizzle!:yup:

Actually, I don't like mods that you can see.... but these are just too cool!
What's the best place ya'll have found? :drink:

·
Registered
196 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
ok so i am considering the seq. tail light kits, but i would love to see a video of them before i buy. any body got on, can make one or know where i can see one? that would be great thanks

in addition what is the closest kit to plug and play out there.
You are considering buying seq tail lights and you don't even know what they do!!!!!!!! If i'm a pr!ck, you're a HEAD case.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
"Daddy. What's a *****?" Now children!....No name calling you putzs. :heha:

I like the seq. light (I do know the definition) but only for the turn signals. I tend agree with the distraction brake light theory.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry. Couldn't resist. :sterb:

pr!ck (pr
k)
n.
    1. <LI type=a>The act of piercing or pricking.
    2. The sensation of being pierced or pricked.
    1. <LI type=a>A persistent or sharply painful feeling of sorrow or remorse.
    2. A small, sharp, local pain, such as that made by a needle or bee sting.
  1. A small mark or puncture made by a pointed object.
  2. A pointed object, such as an ice pick, goad, or thorn.
  3. A hare's track or footprint.
  4. Vulgar Slang. A penis.
  5. Vulgar Slang. A person regarded as highly unpleasant, especially a male.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you couldnt resist, nor could I :green

putz (p
ts)
n.
  1. Slang. A fool; an idiot.
  2. Vulgar Slang. A penis.
intr.v. Slang putzed, putz·ing, putz·es
To behave in an idle manner; putter.

[Yiddish pots, penis, fool.]
funny, at least we learned putz and pr!ck mean the same thing.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
And now you know ...... the rest of the story. :clap

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered