Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your vehicle gets serialized , does that mean your dealer has the allocation for it? And If it is serialized can the allocation be used for someone else or is it locked on your vehicle, meaning no one can take it? :confused:
Thanx, FoMoco

·
Registered
305 Posts
FoMoCo said:
If your vehicle gets serialized , does that mean your dealer has the allocation for it? And If it is serialized can the allocation be used for someone else or is it locked on your vehicle, meaning no one can take it? :confused:
Thanx, FoMoco
Serialized means your car will be built. Probably in 3-5 weeks after it is serialized.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
305 Posts
FoMoCo said:
I have that link, Read thru it. Even posted it on another thread. Unless I missed something on there Im still curious about the relationship between allocation and serialization.
Serialized means Ford pulled the order to be built. How many orders that Ford pulls for a dealer depends on the allocation. If a dealer has an allocation of 5 mustangs then Ford pulls the 5 orders with the highest priority. The only relationship between serialization and allocation is if the dealer doesn't have allocation you won't get serialized. Once you are serialized the car will be built and no changes can be made to the order.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quote (66stang351):
Serialized means your car will be built. Probably in 3-5 weeks after it is serialized.

I second it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
FoMoCo said:
Thanx, FoMoco
It will be built, and it has your name on it. Whatever name was on the order paperwork is who they will contact when it arrives. They can't reassign it unless you refuse it when it comes in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can they ask for a "security deposit" once the car has been serialized?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
drbino said:
Can they ask for a "security deposit" once the car has been serialized?
They can, it's not yours yet. Nothing stopping them from selling it to someone else, in fact it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for all your replies, that answered my questions :strut
I have $500 down on mine so when its serialized thats when the fun begins!
This C/U stuff will make you pull your hair out!

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
FoMoCo said:
This C/U stuff will make you pull your hair out!
Mine has been pulled out long ago lol :naughty

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can see it now, a bunch of bald happy mustang owners :kooky:
pcfrisch said:
Mine has been pulled out long ago lol :naughty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts