Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had experience in leaving their CAIs and tunes on when they take their cars in for service, and if so, did the service dept. give you any crap about it? Or, are you switching it back to stock before any appointments?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
622 Posts
jiobao said:
Has anyone here had experience in leaving their CAIs and tunes on when they take their cars in for service, and if so, did the service dept. give you any crap about it?
I left mine in for routine maintenance, they said nothing.... except that my tires need to be replaced if I wanted to drive through winter! :happyhapp

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool - I am a little concerned since my service dept. is staffed by morons and I am always fighting with them - don't want to give them a reason to not make good on warranty repairs.

thanks much! :drink:

I also need to replace my tires soon, but that is because there seems to be an excessive wear problem on the rear ones! :winks

Hope winter isn't too harsh on you. It was bright and sunny hear today, a little chilly at about 65. Yes, we're spoiled.

nonsensez9 said:
I left mine in for routine maintenance, they said nothing.... except that my tires need to be replaced if I wanted to drive through winter! :happyhapp

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
jiobao said:
Has anyone here had experience in leaving their CAIs and tunes on when they take their cars in for service, and if so, did the service dept. give you any crap about it? Or, are you switching it back to stock before any appointments?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.
I think it really varies from one dealership to the next... for me, i'm extremely lucky!!! I took my car in for a faulty TPS which they replaced under warranty even though I had my Zex kit completely installed in plain sight and was still spliced into the TPS wire! Heck, the service writer even asked me why I had a helmet in the back seat.. wink.. wink...

I still take my car there for the oil changes.... and when I pull in they come over to see what cool mods I've done since my last visit... These guys are the best... LOL

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've taken mine in with everything listed below w/o problems or complaint. In fact I had 4-5 Ford guys from the shop come over and admire the car, including the shop manager. Now... if I tried to get warranty work done on say... the engine... I would be SOL, but I knew this going into my mods. :winks

·
Registered
767 Posts
^^^what he said^^^

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all - we'll see how it goes

Sounds like most of your experiences have been similar. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts