Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
yeah you should at least get it scanned to make sure it's not something that could cause harm from going untouched.

autozone will scan it for free, and if its something like an EVAP code they can clear it for you.

you dont want your car to be running with a bad sensor giving faulty information to your computer. if its something like an O2 sensor that could cause fuel mileage issue as well as it running too rich or lean.

definitely dont just let it go

·
Super Moderator
40,073 Posts
:waveyWelcome to the site:wavey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...And i barely got the car from the dealer...also i seen a loose cable wire just above the gas pedal..Like those wires they use to connect to do a smog check....Am taking it back to the dealer and have them do everything...i just don't want to take it back cause they make me wait a day....:weepsAnd i love my mustang....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
323 Posts
Troubleshooting tip

If you recently purchased gas for your stang, check to ensure that the gas cap is screwed in securely. If not secured tightly, this can sometimes cause the "Service Engine Soon" light to come on. Hopefully it's a simple fix like this & not some expensive engine problem.

FYI: California does have lemon laws on the books to compliment the Federal lemon laws. If you continue to experience problems with the dealership regarding your purchase, you may wanna consider checking into them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.