Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I believe when I first joined this forum, this was the topic of my very first post.

Ever since I slapped on my intake and at that time a "fake" Y pipe dual exhaust system. My engine light popped on like a quiet curse.

I took it to several auto garages, had them read the codes and first got: O2 Sensor and EGR Valve.

I replaced my O2 Sensors, and nothing was wrong with my EGR valve.

Fortunately, on one of my garage adventures, they discovered my Mustang was LEAKING FUEL. Which got fixed immediately, since I didn't want my car lit on fire.

My car runs fine, and now I have a true dual exhaust system complete with a new H mid pipe.

My guesses why my engine light is on or culprits:
Stock MAF (Yup, I still have my stock MAF hooked up to my aftermarket CAI) Would replacing the stock MAF/combined with a tune make the ghost light go away?

New exhaust system set up = messed up fuel air ratio?

Does this mean I should go get my car tuned properly and this could alleviate my ghost light?

The light isn't a big deal, but it does eat at me why it's doing that. I'd also like the thing off, so just in case in the distant future the light IS actually on for a GOOD/BAD reason.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
it wouldnt have changed the a/f ratio that much.. the computer would have been able to adequately adjust it..
whatre the codes exactly do you know? maybe that would help more

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.