Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have had a service engine soon light on my 2001 v6 mustang on for a while. I took it down to auto parts store, got my codes scanned and it came up with the problem is "PO402" a EGR Valve. So she cleared the code yesterday and the light went away but unfortunately it is back again today. Scanned again and still "PO402". Does anyone know how to fix this because my ford dealers are jerks. I called wanting info about the "PO402" code and they said they cant tell me they will tell me after they hook it up to their computers for $94.95. :happyhapp yeaa right...

Thanks Guys,
Luke

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nur_Stang said:
Hey guys i have had a service engine soon light on my 2001 v6 mustang on for a while. I took it down to auto parts store, got my codes scanned and it came up with the problem is "PO402" a EGR Valve. So she cleared the code yesterday and the light went away but unfortunately it is back again today. Scanned again and still "PO402". Does anyone know how to fix this because my ford dealers are jerks. I called wanting info about the "PO402" code and they said they cant tell me they will tell me after they hook it up to their computers for $94.95. :happyhapp yeaa right...

Thanks Guys,
Luke
Take it in for an oil change, and they'll do it for free. -Usually.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This is usually caused because of carbon deposits on the plunger and it will not open and close all the way. Remove the EGR and clean the unit using carb cleaner. Try not to spray the cleaner directly on the diaphram because the cleaner could damage it.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
P0401 and P0402 i believe was a recall involving the dpfe sensor replacement. i dont know what years it covers but you should check into it. preferably at the dealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.