Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some shopping on Crutchfield.com. Bought a Scosche 05 Mustang enclosure, and Boston G2 DVC 4ohm 12" sub. I hooked it to a Prefomance Standard 1200W mono amp. I was able to run the sub at 2ohms by installing both fuses on the sub (one fuse gets you 8ohms). This is the best car stereo I have ever herd. :thumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do you have any pix of the installation or wiring? I'm curious as to how you tapped your sub into the stock wiring. Also, what did you pay for the whole setup?

Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am also curious as to how you did it. That sub looks good and I am starting to look for one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also bought the Scosche sub from Crutchfield but with the speaker already installed. I drive it with a Rockford Fosgate mono amp (you can see both in the picture). My head unit has a separate subwoofer output as well as an amp turn-on wire. I used shielded wires for the audio signals. I connected an 8 gauge wire to the battery terminal (through a fuse/holder mounted on the engine firewall) and ran everything back along the passenger sill plate under the carpet, along with the existing wires. The ground connection was made in the trunk.

The sub mounts using the same holes as the Shaker 1000. I ran the bolt up through the bottom of the trunk floor and used a wing nut. I also used an allen head screw in the upper mount (it's tough to get enough clearance between the sub and the trunk sheet metal to use the hex head bolt). Everything can be removed easily in case you need to get to the spare tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loudog said:
Do you have any pix of the installation or wiring? I'm curious as to how you tapped your sub into the stock wiring. Also, what did you pay for the whole setup?

Thanks!
I dont have any pix of it, but I used a Scosche line out converter for the RCA patch cable, and I tapped in to the gray & yellow accessory switch wire for the amp remote wire.

The wires that you tap for the line level converter are as follows: LR+ Gray/light blue, LR- tan/yellow, RR+ orange/red, RR- brown/pink.

Hope this helps. :drink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99vert said:
I also bought the Scosche sub from Crutchfield but with the speaker already installed. I drive it with a Rockford Fosgate mono amp (you can see both in the picture). My head unit has a separate subwoofer output as well as an amp turn-on wire. I used shielded wires for the audio signals. I connected an 8 gauge wire to the battery terminal (through a fuse/holder mounted on the engine firewall) and ran everything back along the passenger sill plate under the carpet, along with the existing wires. The ground connection was made in the trunk.

The sub mounts using the same holes as the Shaker 1000. I ran the bolt up through the bottom of the trunk floor and used a wing nut. I also used an allen head screw in the upper mount (it's tough to get enough clearance between the sub and the trunk sheet metal to use the hex head bolt). Everything can be removed easily in case you need to get to the spare tire.
My amp was to big to fit where you have yours mounted, so I have it mounted on the back of one of the seats it just fits with no room to spare.

·
Registered
271 Posts
rob2523 said:
I dont have any pix of it, but I used a Scosche line out converter for the RCA patch cable, and I tapped in to the gray & yellow accessory switch wire for the amp remote wire.

The wires that you tap for the line level converter are as follows: LR+ Gray/light blue, LR- tan/yellow, RR+ orange/red, RR- brown/pink.

Hope this helps. :drink:
It sure does...thank you!

·
Registered
135 Posts
My shaker 500 has the scosche amps, speakers,and 12in sub box. My sub box came direct from scosche back in April. It was the first off production. Why did'nt you use the scosche sub box, with the scosche speaker that it comes with?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
loudog said:
what did you pay for the whole setup?
The BA G2= $199
The enclosure=$139
The amp I had from my prevous vehicle, but if you bought a similar today it would probably cost close to $1000.
The line level converter=$20

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crazyhorse said:
Why did'nt you use the scosche sub box, with the scosche speaker that it comes with?
I needed a better driver to use with the 1200W mono amp I already had.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yea, I can't blame you for saving money, that sounds like a good set up. Tim from scosche set mine up. it has the same stuff they used on their car they had at SEMA this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts