Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a search throughout the forum because I am pondering the idea of adding a trunk subwoofer to the Shaker 500. I am very impressed with it (Now that it works) but I just want even more Oomphf! :happyhapp . My searches brought up many early threads as far back as october 2004. At this tiem all of the threads were should I buy the 500 or 1000? It was mentioned in every thread... "Do the mustangs with the Shaker 500s have the harnesses for the Shaker 1000s subwoofers in them?" Every single one was left unanswered. Now that these cars are out and many people have ripped them apart, Do the mustangs with the Shaker 500s have the harnesses for the Shaker 1000s subwoofers in them?" :help:

Also, If not, How would one go about installing an amp and a subwoofer to the system. I took apart my whole dash to put in the P.I.E FRD-04 Ipod Adapter and I see there is no jack for a subwoofer or anything. How would this work. Also, I have never installed an Amp or really ever examined an amp. What is required in this? What gets connected in real words such as this: (Cable from Sub to amp, amp gets connected to battery, amp gets connected to speaker, etc.) Amplifiers just provide power to the subwoofer correct?:confused:
Thanks in advance,:worship
Sorry for the long message

·
Registered
914 Posts
check out the thread below - http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50809I asked a somewhat related question and a couple of the folks who responded had some comments about adding speakers and amps which is probably what I am going to try first before replacing the head unit - I also have the shaker 500 and am just not all that happy with the range of sound (well, you can see my comments to start that thread).

anyhow - you may find an answer there or also since it seems quite a few of us are considering or getting ready to make the same change perhaps we can then post our results.

FWIW :cool:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The question of: Do the mustangs with the Shaker 500s have the harnesses for the Shaker 1000s subwoofers in them? still goes answered. So does anybody know?

·
Registered
200 Posts
fitch615 said:
The question of: Do the mustangs with the Shaker 500s have the harnesses for the Shaker 1000s subwoofers in them? still goes answered. So does anybody know?
Im thinking the same thing as you. I work for a ford dealer but wont have my Mustang home until sunday (driving it up from Texas) I took a quick peek at a customers vehicle while it was in for service but without really tearing into it I couldn't see anything (harness wise). What I did do was ask the parts dept if they had different part numbers for the wiring harness on the 500 and 1000 and he said no. That leads me to believe that the vehicle is wired for the amp just like they do with all the other options, the wires are there just the optional component is missing. The 500 head unit is different than the 1000 being that you can turn on and off the rear amp. I dont remember if this was done with a dedicated button or through a mode. I know when changing out the head you need to upload the data to download into the new head unit. Mayby the 500 can be fooled into thinking its a 1000?
Ill look into it more

·
Registered
11 Posts
It would make sense that the head units are the same. Find out if you can fool one into thinking its a 1000. I am interested in doing this conversion as well as the only difference that I think is an option to turn the sub on and off in the menu i think the conections are there in the back.

·
Registered
200 Posts
blue06 said:
It would make sense that the head units are the same. Find out if you can fool one into thinking its a 1000. I am interested in doing this conversion as well as the only difference that I think is an option to turn the sub on and off in the menu i think the conections are there in the back.
On your 500 in the menu mode does it say amp on-off or is it missing from the menu alltogether. I know you cant turn on whats not there but wondering if it still comes up on the menu. The only way to "fool" the head unit would be to upload the data from a 1000 and download it into the 500.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well its not there all together but every other feature that the 1000 has menu wise my 500, at least whats in the manual. how hard is it to transfer data from one to the other?
and were does the harness come in at for the subs in the trunk can you get access to a ford schematic for the wiring?

·
Registered
200 Posts
blue06 said:
well its not there all together but every other feature that the 1000 has menu wise my 500, at least whats in the manual. how hard is it to transfer data from one to the other?
and were does the harness come in at for the subs in the trunk can you get access to a ford schematic for the wiring?
WE use whats called an NGS scan tool and hook it to the data link connector under the dash. I just tried to look at the wiring at the Ford site but it wasnt working for me, Ill try again later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you could get me a copy of that it would be very helpfull and any other info you might have with the stereo system.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If ford did that I will love them. I have the wires for the IUP, but no IUP so there is a good chance. I will try to tear through my trunk right now to see if i see one. I'll let you know. Thanks for the attempt and can't wait for the results.

·
Registered
200 Posts
2006 Mustang audio wiring diagrams. Hope you can read em ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats always good but do you have or can you get a diagram of the cable actually going thru the car or a diagram of the back of the 500 and 1000 headunits like the plug ins for the connectors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well after looking at a diagram for the pin outs for the 500 head unit and those wiring diagrams the 1000 gets its signal from connector j4 pins 5678. Its on the same connector that the door subs ar driven by, just that they use pins 1234. I just have to go and look at that harness to see if its wired for the bottom pins and that they go all the way back wich will suck because its 20 outside....lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
well i crawled my ass back under my dash and I dont see the wires hooked up were they should be for the subs in the trunk. I was still going to take my dash apart and check the harness to see if the wires were there or not. but I think the harness for the shaker 1000 is different as well. FoMoCo would you be able to find anything out on this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.