Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer replaced my Shaker 500 today, i noticed that the backlight did not work when driving back tonight.

What is the easiest way for them to program the new radio:

1) Re-Install the Old One to obtain the codes

or

2) Program the new one

I know that 1) would take about 2 hrs, How long would it take them to do 2)?

Do they need to remove the new radio to program it?

Thanks, Daniel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If they didnt up load the info off your old unit and save it then they need to get the as built data from ford and enter it in manually. Its no big deal, should only take an hour, but some places are slower than others. the technician may not even have known he was supposed to do this being these are unique to most other sterios

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the same problem with the backlight on my 6-disc MP3 deck. Is there a quick way to fix this? Does the deck have a master reset?

·
Registered
394 Posts
05BlackGT said:
The dealer replaced my Shaker 500 today, i noticed that the backlight did not work when driving back tonight.

What is the easiest way for them to program the new radio:

1) Re-Install the Old One to obtain the codes

or

2) Program the new one

I know that 1) would take about 2 hrs, How long would it take them to do 2)?

Do they need to remove the new radio to program it?

Thanks, Daniel.
I'm lost. Why would the radio need to be reprogrammed? What codes, etc are you talking about? I thought a radio was a radio. My Skipper 500 doesn't seem to DO anything special that would need some advanced reprogramming.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Dealer fixed my problem within 15 minutes yesterday morning, they loaded the As Built parameters. Too bad they did read the TSB 05-10-19 that I had brought them when they replaced my radio.

They were very surprised about having to program the radio, and as a result they will be calling back many of their customers back to program their radios !!!! Funny how we can be more informed than the Dealers at times:winks

According to the TSB 05-10-19, the same radio is used on 2005+ Five Hundred, Focus, Freestyle, Mustang, F1-50 and Montego.

There is not reset on the radio Redeemer, it needs to be programmed by the
Dealer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
05BlackGT, could you please post that TSB 05-10-19? I want to take it in with me to the dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem, and after THREE brand new radios being ordered i asked if maybe the dealer was doing something wrong. They told me I was an idiot and didnt know what I was talking about. Took it to a diff dealer, and 15 mins later they fixed it, and told me that the other dealer was known to suck at service. It just needs a re programming, and only takes a little while.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts