Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i noticed a huge rattle in my right door speaker this afternoon whenever there was bass in the song! I think it is blown, and if so is it under warranty or are they going to charge me for the replacement?

Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I hear some slight distortion in the driver door speaker of my GT as well. I haven't taken it in yet. I would think it would be covered under warranty. I'm worried that the door panels are going to rattle after they rip it open to install the new speaker.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Hey thanks for the answers, i ned a difinativer answer as i am 16 and cant pay to have it fixed and of course my dad would say i had it too loud and i have to pay for it lol! and i am afraid to take it to my dealer because the mechanic is a good friend with my dad and he says he can check my speeds when i bring it in and ive been 112. Supposedly i am only allowed to go 80!!! LMAO im screwed get it fixed and get it taken away, dont and have no bass or it rattles!! CATCH 22

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey jgb, I work for a ford dealer and yes your speaker is covered under warranty, Iv'e replaced a bunch of em. So dont worry. But at 16? slow down!
jgb_v6_05 said:
Hey thanks for the answers, i ned a difinativer answer as i am 16 and cant pay to have it fixed and of course my dad would say i had it too loud and i have to pay for it lol! and i am afraid to take it to my dealer because the mechanic is a good friend with my dad and he says he can check my speeds when i bring it in and ive been 112. Supposedly i am only allowed to go 80!!! LMAO im screwed get it fixed and get it taken away, dont and have no bass or it rattles!! CATCH 22

·
Registered
394 Posts
jgb_v6_05 said:
Wow, 16! I waited until 17 to get a car and it was a 1970 four-door Chevy Impala that my GREAT-Grandmother had. I thought I was doing my 16yr old son a good one by getting him a 1997 Grand Prix. A $30,000 car for a teenager? WOW. I'm 36 and could just now afford something like my 05.

I guess if you got it ($$) enjoy it, huh? Not hatin', just amazed. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
jgb_v6_05 said:
i am 16 and cant pay to have it fixed and of course my dad would say i had it too loud and i have to pay for it lol! and i am afraid to take it to my dealer because the mechanic is a good friend with my dad and he says he can check my speeds when i bring it in and ive been 112. Supposedly i am only allowed to go 80!!!
Hey Kid..I'm not a saint as I hit 111 in my semi bald tired 71 340 challenger when i was 16, back in the day we didn't know any better, ....I hope you had an unmolested straight away when you topped out at 112 with a smooth road , no hidden driveays etc. At that speed you are one wet spot , pot hole or oil slick away from making the local Obituary pages As I see this virtually EVERY weekend here on the "island" . I can't count the flowers , wreaths , & Crosses littering our roads.

Drive Fast & Drive Safe

Cheers !! :winks

·
Registered
435 Posts
jgb_v6_05 said:
Supposedly i am only allowed to go 80!!!
Apparently you don't quite realize how fast 80 MPH is. If something happens at 80 and you have to react quickley, you have a HUGE chance of ending up dead. What happens when you slide into a tree sideways at 80? Even 50? You die. What happens when you slide off the road sideways? Your car rolls, you either get disabled, maimed, or killed. Period.

I am only 20, and I don't claim to be a saint behind the wheel. But being 16, and scoffing at the idea that your dad wants you to keep it under 80, in my opinion is a recipe for disaster. Look at this:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42578

You've probably seen GumDropLarry on the forums quite a bit here, this happened at "only" 60 MPH, on his 19th birthday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
door speaker

I'm having a issue with my Shaker 500. Specifically the drivers door sub. The passenger door is fine. At louder volumes I get a vibration type noise. It isn't a full time thing. It even happens on talk radio at certain times. I think it's the power windows switch panel that's the problem. The dealer couldn't isolate the problem in fact they said there was no issue. Has anybody had this problem if so what was the fix?

·
Registered
32 Posts
my first ride....

damn....must be nice havin' a stang at ur age.....my first ride was an 82 Datsun King Cab with racing stripes....hahaha......worn out clutch, torn upholstery, smelled like old beer.....it was the ****!...or just ******....but now i'm livin the good life!...hehehe.......and as for how fast you drive, i never could go that fast. i would just stay away from the freeway cuz the truck could never keep up!....haha

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Crazy001 said:
Apparently you don't quite realize how fast 80 MPH is. If something happens at 80 and you have to react quickley, you have a HUGE chance of ending up dead. What happens when you slide into a tree sideways at 80? Even 50? You die. What happens when you slide off the road sideways? Your car rolls, you either get disabled, maimed, or killed. Period.

I am only 20, and I don't claim to be a saint behind the wheel. But being 16, and scoffing at the idea that your dad wants you to keep it under 80, in my opinion is a recipe for disaster. Look at this:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42578

You've probably seen GumDropLarry on the forums quite a bit here, this happened at "only" 60 MPH, on his 19th birthday.
I slid off the road and hit a Tree (in the driverside of the car where the fender meets the drivers door) at over 100mph. No rolling, nobody died.
I say this not to say you were wrong, but to say that at any speed a wreck has too many variables. You can get killed going 35. Always be aware of your surroundings and drive accordingly. Even on the interstate on a long straight flat stretch a deer can run out infront of you (or other animal).

Since that night when I was 16, I have been a completely different driver.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You're right, there are plenty of instances of accidents at high speeds with nobody hurt, but there are also many more of those with serious injuries or deaths. I wasn't saying that it was impossible, just that speed should be respected; there's something wrong with him saying that it's rediculous that his dad wants him to keep it under 80.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Crazy001 said:
You're right, there are plenty of instances of accidents at high speeds with nobody hurt, but there are also many more of those with serious injuries or deaths. I wasn't saying that it was impossible, just that speed should be respected; there's something wrong with him saying that it's rediculous that his dad wants him to keep it under 80.
WHy teenagers are invinceable... remember:rolleyes:

And I agree that as speeds increase, your chances of serious injury and death increase as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey

hey guys i just want to say that was a one time thing and i havent done it since... i just wanted to do it because the car will do it! I know its stupid.... im 16 what you expect?......... i didnt hip potholes or die...straight road daylight.......no tree just field. I picked my spot carefully, hit the limiter and backed right off.....so thats that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
dont want u to feel like the loner im 17 and have also gotten mine up to 112 after backing off i wonderd what i would of done if i would of wrecked it and still had to be paying for the car or been alive havent goten that fast anymore but wont lie still drive a little to fast

1 - 15 of 15 Posts