Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The display on my shaker 500 has stopped working. The unit retains all functionality, it is just the display that is not working? Do i need to replace the entire unit to fix this problem? Any ways to fix this? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had an issue with mine cutting in and out. I had the extended warranty and it covered a replacment. If you have an extended warranty it may cover your issue. Sorry wish I was more help.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I had the same problem once, it drove me nuts! I finally figured it out....when I was dusting the Dash and stuff I must have touched the (Dimmer Switch) and moved it down to low or off. I moved it back up and walaa! Lit Up Display, Try The Dimmer.
Ron

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I had the same problem once, it drove me nuts! I finally figured it out....when I was dusting the Dash and stuff I must have touched the (Dimmer Switch) and moved it down to low or off. I moved it back up and walaa! Lit Up Display, Try The Dimmer.
Ron
good call ron, that dimmer has messed with a bunch of people, but it would also dim out the dash and map lights too. worth a look though for sure.:bigthumbsup

pandastang, welcome to the forums :wavey

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
good call ron, that dimmer has messed with a bunch of people, but it would also dim out the dash and map lights too. worth a look though for sure.:bigthumbsup

pandastang, welcome to the forums :wavey
When it happened to me it was during the day so I could'nt tell the Dash Lights were also not working. If it was during the night I'd have figured it out right away.
Ron

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ron
Could be, it's worth a shot. Welcome to the forums:wavey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron
Wish it was that simple a fix, unfortunately that is not the case. Appreciate the effort though :)

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Wish it was that simple a fix, unfortunately that is not the case. Appreciate the effort though :)
dont give up yet, theres many people that might see this thread. there has been alot of problems with the shakers. it could be as simple as a fuse in the smart junction box, behind the pass kick panel for the lighting in the stereo :?: i know there is one in there for the lighting in the cluster, might be worth a look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.