Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a 05 mustang being parted out that was in a head on collision. I am interested in some of the interior pieces and electronics because my model the base.

I am curious if it would be possible to move his shaker 500 sub thats in the trunk over to my car and what all parts from his I would need to do so? Can anyone post any photos of what and where the connectors are in the trunk? Also does my single disk head unit have the connections needed or will I need to use his 5 disk? Is it possible to just swap his 5 disk unit over without having to "unlock" it like in some cars?

Any help and pics would be great. I'm head over there in about 2 hours to look at it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Shaker 500 does not have a sub in the trunk. That is the Shaker 1000. Shaker 500 subs are in the doors.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Shaker 500 does not have a sub in the trunk. That is the Shaker 1000. Shaker 500 subs are in the doors.

Even thought the shaker 500 doesn't have the sub you could maybe buy the head unit seeing as it has a disk changer. still better than the stock unit in your car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your car does not have the connectors there. Matter of a fact your car does not even have the shaker 500 wiring for the subs in the doors. Those subs kinda turn into mid bass speakers. But either way, you will need a compatible head unit ie: shaker 1000 deck.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
ok well would my car have the connectors there already? can his head unit just plug and play in my car?
i plugged a shaker 1000 into my car in place of the basic sng cd. it works fine with the existing speakers. if you can grab the amps under the dash( or they might be in the doors) and the door panels with the extra speakers, and any wiring you can get, go for it. otherwise the 6 disk changer is plug and play and has some nice features too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.