Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GT with the Shaker 500 radio. As you may already know, there's no way to play your iPod/iPhone on that radio. I know that later Mustang models have a Shaker radio that has a place to play those electronics. Does anyone know if I bought a used Shaker 500 radio from a newer S197, would it fit in my 2006?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have an 07 with Shaker 500 and I think the only thing different is I have an input in the console storage. But this input will nit chanrge the Ipod or allow you to control it though your radio unit. I would still have to have a cable installed to do this. You should have an auxillary input behind your radio. So rather than replace your whole unit, you just need to pull it out and install a proper cable and run it into your console.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 06GT with the 500 shaker unit. I added an adapter that allows me to connect either my Iphone/Ipod or an mp3 player via the cable that connects to the adapter. Cable also charges my Iphone. The mp3 jack I leave in the glove box and the Iphone/Ipod end is run to the cup holder area. All done for $80.

Iphone/Ipod control through the Iphone. There is another adapter that allows control via the head unit but it was double in price. I also like the idea that if someone has an mp3 player or other phone they can play their stuff via the mp3 jack.

Incoming calls mute the music when playing songs on the Iphone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Depends on where you want the control to be. For shaker500 control, expect to pay $165-$200 depending on brand. For Ipod/Iphone/Mp3 player control, expect to pay about $80 including the cable.

Brandmotion are about $170:
iPod Direct Connect Adapter - Brandmotion

I went with PAC unit AAI-FRD04: ($62 now, was $58)
Amazon.com: Pac AAI-FRD04 Auxiliary Input for Select 2004¿2007 Ford Vehicles: Automotive

Found a generic version with 3.5mm jack and Iphone/Ipod < $20) An IS75 charging cable is the brand one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aux-Input-5v-iP...er_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item19b85f8cfb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.