Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just wanted to tell you all about the issues I am having this weekend.
First of all this started out as running power to an amp I am installing on the bottom of the rear package tray. I could not for the life of me find a spot to run the power cable through the firewall. Finally removed the battery tray and the front passenger wheel, plastic splashguards and found a spot there. Anywho, I removed my Shaker hood scoop to get a better view of the firewall and found out the plastic tube that routes air from the shaker scoop to the air box had come completely off. It was just sitting on the motor underneath the engine cover. I was like WTF. Well since I am contemplating an aftermarket hood due to corrosion issues with the stock hood (what kind of BS is this issue anyway?) I am trimming the engine cover to help with R and R and I took some Black RTV and resealed the CAI tube. Waiting on that to cure a bit now.

I know there are only a few V6 shaker setups out there but I wanted to pass on the info. I am not sure how the V8 shakers are setup, they may not encounter this issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts