Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you have a 04 V6, you probably have the reverse style hood. You'd have to get a hood from a mustang from 99-02 to make the shaker hood work. Yeah, you can make it work, but it will cost a pretty penny after you get the right hood, paint it, and get the shaker system.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a 04 V6, you probably have the reverse style hood. You'd have to get a hood from a mustang from 99-02 to make the shaker hood work. Yeah, you can make it work, but it will cost a pretty penny after you get the right hood, paint it, and get the shaker system.

i dont think it has anything to do wit the hood becuase it comes with one im pretty sure if not you'd have too cut a hole in your exsisting hood.. :headscratch: witch i could do to mine, i think it wount fit cause the 04 moddels have a dif manifold..?

and if im worng there, what about the mach1 hood and shaker those would fit right?
i just rly like the shaker lol :laugh:

·
Registered
713 Posts
System Includes:
  • Aluminum Shaker Scoop - Die Cast Aluminum
  • Shaker Tray
  • Hood Appliqué (Applied to the Factory GT Hood)
  • Ductwork
  • Mounting Brackets
Copied and pasted that from american muscle. It says the hood applique goes with the factory hood(gt, not 03-04 v6). I guess you would have to cut a hole it the hood.:headscratch: I'm not completely sure about the manifold. I do know that ford changed the engine just a bit it 2004, but I don't know if that is related to the manifold. The mach 1 hood and shaker sounds like it would work, but I've not heard of anyone doing it, so don't blame me if it doesn't. Hope this helps.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
System Includes:
  • Aluminum Shaker Scoop - Die Cast Aluminum
  • Shaker Tray
  • Hood Appliqué (Applied to the Factory GT Hood)
  • Ductwork
  • Mounting Brackets
Copied and pasted that from american muscle. It says the hood applique goes with the factory hood(gt, not 03-04 v6). I guess you would have to cut a hole it the hood.:headscratch: I'm not completely sure about the manifold. I do know that ford changed the engine just a bit it 2004, but I don't know if that is related to the manifold. The mach 1 hood and shaker sounds like it would work, but I've not heard of anyone doing it, so don't blame me if it doesn't. Hope this helps.:bigthumbsup
opps ya i feel stupid lol
ya i guess you cut a hole a bit getto.. hhmm i think il just get a cowl hood :hihi:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Don't worry about it. There are no, well few, stupid questions. You could take the parts to a shop, but that would take more money, more money, more money. Good luck in your search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.