Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know...to each his own...just finished the install on the CDC Shaker System..this baby sings when you rev 'er up now........real tough on the heart cutting a hole in the hood:( though. Turned out looking better than I thought....in advertisments the thing looked pretty small but it looks great on the hood.......Reg

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow, that's a very impressive looking kit.:eyepoppin I can see it being heart-wrenching to cut a hole in the hood, but it looks like it was worth it!

What does it say about driving in the rain? Would there be any problems with ingesting water?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks great. How long did it take? Any noticeable performance gains? Are you gonna paint your hood like a 69 or like the 70 you have? :worship

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crazy001 said:
Wow, that's a very impressive looking kit.:eyepoppin I can see it being heart-wrenching to cut a hole in the hood, but it looks like it was worth it!

What does it say about driving in the rain? Would there be any problems with ingesting water?
The whole shaker is a one pc assy with a rain gutter that runs aroung the whole unit with 4 drain holes and tubes to drain into....took it to the car wash today with no problems......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dmustang said:
Looks great. How long did it take? Any noticeable performance gains? Are you gonna paint your hood like a 69 or like the 70 you have? :worship
Takes about 4-5 hours....took my time finding the centerline of the hood....must have measured about 50 times just to make sure....would do a few things different if I was to do it again. First would cover any areas that chips may come in contact with the clear coat...noticed that when I drilled the pilot hole that some of the hot aluminum particles did imbedded themselves into the clear coat......will have to touch up with my Nortons Kit. Kind of like the car without the stripes on the sonic blue so will save that for the '07 Blus Shelby

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
DAMN YOU!!!!!

I want one sooooo bad now!!!!!!
Looks great! Congrats!:clap :clap :clap

·
Registered
816 Posts
Looks good! One question though. How does it vent the heat under that intake runner cover? Seems to me keeping the engine heat trapped under that cover, thereby heating the intake air in the runners even more, would defeat the purpose of sucking in more cool air. Am I the only one concerned about this? I am also thinking of this mod, or the one from the other company that makes one (can't think of it at this time). :wavey

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2k5GTC said:
Looks good! One question though. How does it vent the heat under that intake runner cover? Seems to me keeping the engine heat trapped under that cover, thereby heating the intake air in the runners even more, would defeat the purpose of sucking in more cool air. Am I the only one concerned about this? I am also thinking of this mod, or the one from the other company that makes one (can't think of it at this time). :wavey
Best that I can remember....didn't study the underside of the cover but do remember some vent holes under the intake...emaill CDC and see what thay say about this...........

·
Registered
829 Posts
Reg, Great mod. I think you did a very good thing.... glad you went ahead with that hole!

I have a question for you... I am curious what is used to trim out the cut edge of the hood? Is it something you think could be better?

My wife said she would buy this mod for me as a Christmas gift for the '06. ( I got her in here right away and had the webpage up for CDC and since I just put a serious UPGRADE in her wedding band for our 20th.... hahaha) AND WE always get our Christmas gifts bought ahead of time.... I am pretty sure I can put it on right away and just open the box at Christmas!

Great mod! Russ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does it actually shake the hood when you rev the engine?

I was thinking about installing one as well. 2k5GTC, have you thought of the other company that makes one?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yossarian said:
Does it actually shake the hood when you rev the engine?

I was thinking about installing one as well. 2k5GTC, have you thought of the other company that makes one?
You're joking, right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
junior said:
You're joking, right?
Joking about what?

1. There is a reason they are called a SHAKER hood scoop. The original ones back in the day would actually shake, although maybe it was more of a vibration. Sitting on top of the engine, the scoop would shake and it, in turn, would cause the hood to shake a bit. However, I doubt it would work now with the way the engines are setup today.

2. Yes, I was thinking about installing one.

3. Yes, I was wondering if another company makes one for comparison purposes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yossarian said:
Joking about what?

1. There is a reason they are called a SHAKER hood scoop. The original ones back in the day would actually shake, although maybe it was more of a vibration. Sitting on top of the engine, the scoop would shake and it, in turn, would cause the hood to shake a bit. However, I doubt it would work now with the way the engines are setup today.

2. Yes, I was thinking about installing one.

3. Yes, I was wondering if another company makes one for comparison purposes.
Only the scoop shakes on this unit...is independent from the hood.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
rickman said:
Perfect pic for my question to both of you...will you guys be installing hood locks and if so where exactly and what kind and how much? When I got my GT convertible and was chatting about hood flex and there not being any on the car I was in, he commented that only on the ones where buyers had installed a shaker did that get experienced. So just a heads up in case you hadn't thought about that.

tc

·
Registered
63 Posts
texascanuck said:
Perfect pic for my question to both of you...will you guys be installing hood locks and if so where exactly and what kind and how much? When I got my GT convertible and was chatting about hood flex and there not being any on the car I was in, he commented that only on the ones where buyers had installed a shaker did that get experienced. So just a heads up in case you hadn't thought about that.

tc
ford racing parts

:shocked:

·
Registered
237 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.