Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these do look pretty cool. what kind of hp gains can you expect. dosnt seem like it would work with a saleen s/c though, maybe it would work with a vortec or procharger but saleen seems to be the shxt. they say you use the original air intake, so how does the scoop actually work, hmmmm. thx, vynle.:?:

·
Registered
403 Posts
the one I saw (and LOVE the look of their modded hood) was from fangperformance.com- they had the black car at a swap meet in columbus, and it looked awesome- the scoop was (I believe) late model mach1, theres water runoff hoses to keep everything dry, the air is channelled thru a tube to the airbox. Kinda buries the motor a little bit, but looks great- with the 'hood lift' stories Ive read(grille airflow must pressurize underhood?), I really doubt if it helps get more air into the engine, but it should at least get a bit cooler air in...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great thread . they do look great no!! just wish it was more functional , like maybe having an actual air filter inside shaker scoop and being able to omit cai air intake altogether. wms has a filter assembly thats pretty cool with certain mods, possibly could be modded to work inside shaker system. deffinitly brings back the memories though !:kooky:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts