Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
There is a part in the new 2006 Mustang Accessories catalog that sounds like the PIE adapter that would allow an IPOD or other devices to plug in via a RCA jack. It gives a base part # of 19C142. I know that is not Ford's complete part number. Does anyone know th whole niumber or has seen a price for this?

·
Registered
172 Posts
bigplayrayr said:
There is a part in the new 2006 Mustang Accessories catalog that sounds like the PIE adapter that would allow an IPOD or other devices to plug in via a RCA jack. It gives a base part # of 19C142. I know that is not Ford's complete part number. Does anyone know th whole niumber or has seen a price for this?
The actual part # is a 6R3Z-19A464-AA. According to a buddy who works in the parts department at a Ford dealership this is only compatible with the Shaker radios on 06 Mustangs. He further indicated that Ford has not yet released pricing or availability on the part.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
martimus said:
The actual part # is a 6R3Z-19A464-AA. According to a buddy who works in the parts department at a Ford dealership this is only compatible with the Shaker radios on 06 Mustangs. He further indicated that Ford has not yet released pricing or availability on the part.

My car was built in June, I wonder if I would have the same Shaker as in the 06's I knew they were having problems with them early on, but mine has been trouble free.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Mine was built in June, too, and I have had the occaisional "bad disk," but it hasn't gotten bad enough to warrant the time of having it swapped yet. Maybe If I wait a little longer, i can get one of the 06 radios swapped in, and use the triptunes...

·
Registered
116 Posts
wonder why this wouldn't work on the '05 Shaker 500, seems odd and not accurate?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Does it hook in to the back of the stereo like the PIE did?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weird, the title of my post was changed. I had named it Trip Tunes. that is waht Ford is calling thier part, here's exactly what Ford's description says:

Take your tunes on the road! Now you can connect most portable audio players (MP3, IPOD, iRiver, ScanDisk, etc), plus portable CD and cassette players, right to your in-dash radio. Just plug your player into the harness- a 3.5mm stereo connector provides the interface so you can listen to music through the radio's speakers and control the volume. Audio connection is housed securely in your vehicle's glovebox or center console.
Base Part No. 19C142

There is no picture of the part. this is out of the 2006 Ford Mustang Accessories catalog:

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com...9C41-A806-476D-9BC9-D6E4D27B23A9&iMainNavID=3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Triptunes availability

The triptunes component is listed in the accessory catalogue for the '06 mustangs but I have yet to find it online or find a dealer who can order the part. Anyone have a clue how to get ahold of one?

·
Registered
39 Posts
From reading other posts on this topic here at this forum, it's been stated that Trip Tunes is FM modulated. If indeed that's what you're talking about.

:?:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts