Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a website where I can get specific and detailed information about how the shaker system is built in the mustang. I want to know wiring and amp connections, radio specs, a picture of the back of the unit. What components you can attach to the system. Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
you can find information on the back panel from this site here, just by using the search function. I have seen pdf's of the electrical connections on here.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Zrullac said:
Is there a website where I can get specific and detailed information about how the shaker system is built in the mustang. I want to know wiring and amp connections, radio specs, a picture of the back of the unit. What components you can attach to the system. Thanks
Yep. I agree. The search function would work wonders for ya! Anyway, as for what can be attached to the shaker, let's see...
FM Modulator for Ipod or XM/Sirius
Handfree bluetooth system with Ford adapter cable
and coming soon to an audio dealer near you...
An AUX audio adapter module/cable from PIE (www.pie.net) that will allow direct connection of the aforementioned Ipod and Satellite devices (at least those with a direct digital output).
:wavey

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2k5GTC said:
Yep. I agree. The search function would work wonders for ya! Anyway, as for what can be attached to the shaker, let's see...
FM Modulator for Ipod or XM/Sirius
Handfree bluetooth system with Ford adapter cable
and coming soon to an audio dealer near you...
An AUX audio adapter module/cable from PIE (www.pie.net) that will allow direct connection of the aforementioned Ipod and Satellite devices (at least those with a direct digital output).
:wavey
How well does that Terk XM-Commander work for you with the shaker system. Do you have a separate head unit to control the xm radio.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Zrullac said:
How well does that Terk XM-Commander work for you with the shaker system. Do you have a separate head unit to control the xm radio.
The Terk XM unit works just fine. My only complaint is you can't change the color or brightness of the display (you can change contrast). But, for only $129.00 from www.newegg.com , I can't complain too much. ;) Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How hard is it for you to see the display while you are driving. My GT will be a coupe. Will it look the same as yours.

2k5GTC said:
The Terk XM unit works just fine. My only complaint is you can't change the color or brightness of the display (you can change contrast). But, for only $129.00 from www.newegg.com , I can't complain too much. ;) Here's a pic.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Like I said, the display adjustments are not that great. I can see it just fine tho. The display was easier to see when I originally had the control unit mounted between the center vents. Now that it is up in its permanent (but still removeable) spot, it is a bit more difficult to see, especially with my top down.
Since all stangs have the upper console, it will fit a coupe just fine. There are other XM units out there, but for the price I had to get it, quirks and all. :shiny:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts