Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a new stereo for my 06 w/ the shaker 500, a sub and amp for the trunk as well, is there a way to wire the 8s in my doors to the after market unit or are they just adding useless weight to my baby?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not sure what you are trying to say. Did you buy a Shaker 500 or buy a unit replacing the 500?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im wanting to use my stock subs with my new head unit, im guessing im going to have to rewire them over to the amp in my trunk, right? is it possible to use the stock amp or is it built into the shaker 500?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally someone who knows what im talking about, i was talking through pm and the guy didnt know what i was talking about with the subs in the doors

·
Registered
1 Posts
To answer your ?

you have to buy a wiring harness from anywhere that sells them really! you cant do it with the shaker 1000 is what they told me but you can get a wiring harness that will allow you to hook it up to a aftermarket head unit and still run your factory door subs with the new head unit because i did it with mine! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
It can be done but you're really better off without the door subs.

All they did was muck up my sound once I had the Alpine installed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just installed a pioneer AVH-P4100 into my 06 v6. At first the shop only gave me the basic 1/2 of the harness. After I installed it I found the subs didn't work. I went back and got the rca part for free finished installing that and they work now. I conected the rca's to the front out put and just use the High Pass Filter set to 80 hertz. My sub output is set to 80 hertz also.

For those of you who have NO IDEA what I am saying I simply used the High Pass Filter for the front subs to not play anything below 80 hertz. They are 8" subs and for factory good, but aftermarket not so good. The Sub output is set to 80 hertz meaning the subs will pick up and play anything lower then 80 hertz.

The hertz is the frequency of the sound. Bass is usualy heard around 100 and below. 100 being high bass and 50 or 60 being low. It goes lower and I don't remember at what point you don't hear anything. Voice, guitars, and stuff like that is in the range of 100 herts to 20,000 hertz. The higher the the number the higher sound you will hear. The lower the number the lower sound you will hear such as bass.

I was just looking to see what size the door subs are when I found this thread so sorry to bring a little bit of an oldy back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ok so after hearing the pop noise from the door subs for long enough I changed the wiring up a little. I put a remote wire from my bass expander to the door subs remote on the harness and bought some y conects and conected the door subs and my 10's to just the sub out put. I don't get a weird vibration (that I though nothing of), or the pop anymore. I also changed the hertz levels to 100 on both the sub and high pass filter. Sounds 100% better so if your going to di this I suggest this way not the first way I did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.