Ford Mustang Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here is a D'oh !! Moment, just happened this week, It was my sons birthday and we went to Outback Steakhouse to celebrate, I stopped in front of the restaurant to let out the passengers while I go an find a parking spot and to get our name on the waiting list…
Just as I opened my door the car behind me zooms around me, all I heard was scrape. I look and the whole side of this guys Honda is scratched and dented, the mirror and door handle are gone. I panic and look at my door, Wahoo no dent and the paint is chipped off the edge of the door.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well this is a sort of scary yet happy story...

It happened this March when I was at school down at Cal Poly (west coast California), we were having some freak weather and it acctually started snowing on the beach. Needless to say as I was driving mildly above the speed limit on the freeway, hit some black ice in my '04 Civic, pull a 720 and smash into one of those 10' highway signs.

Needless to say the car was totalled... HOWEVER, no one was injured at all (thank God), and I actually received more money from insurance than I had paid for my civic.

The story ends with me walking to my Ford dealer the next week and paying for my new mustang in cash! :gringreen

-Greg

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was trying to remove the driveshaft from my Torino a while back (can't even remember why anymore). The back end of the car was on ramps in my garage. I removed the U-bolts from the U-joint but the drive shaft wouldn't budge. Since it also wouldn't spin, I realised I left the automatic trans in park so I get out from under the car and reach in the open window to put it in neutral.

As soon as I move the column shifter to neutral, the car starts rolling down off the ramps. I can't hold the car back and I needed to let go or get caught by the side of the garage door opening. It rolls out the door and down the driveway.

While running after it, the drive shaft falls out (I already removed the U-bolts, remember). I finally catch up to it, jump in and hit the breaks, just barely stopping it before it exited the driveway.

Now I'm in a pickle, the car is at the bottom end of a downward sloping driveway and no drive shaft so I can't just drive it back into the garage. So now I chock the front wheels, use a floor jack and jack stands and complete whatever repairs I had planned and re-install the driveshaft in the driveway near the street.

Should have used the wheel chocks in the first place!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I have two identical scratches on my rear bumper, not large or deep but noticeble. They are 2 inces long and 1 inch apart... They were made the exactly same way months apart... too lazy (tired?) to hold my work bag of the car when I got home from work and took it out... sux! :(

·
Registered
451 Posts
"Should have used the wheel chocks in the first place!"

Your lucky you didn't get run over.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
mot250 said:
I was trying to remove the driveshaft from my Torino a while back (can't even remember why anymore). The back end of the car was on ramps in my garage. I removed the U-bolts from the U-joint but the drive shaft wouldn't budge. Since it also wouldn't spin, I realised I left the automatic trans in park so I get out from under the car and reach in the open window to put it in neutral.

As soon as I move the column shifter to neutral, the car starts rolling down off the ramps. I can't hold the car back and I needed to let go or get caught by the side of the garage door opening. It rolls out the door and down the driveway.

While running after it, the drive shaft falls out (I already removed the U-bolts, remember). I finally catch up to it, jump in and hit the breaks, just barely stopping it before it exited the driveway.

Now I'm in a pickle, the car is at the bottom end of a downward sloping driveway and no drive shaft so I can't just drive it back into the garage. So now I chock the front wheels, use a floor jack and jack stands and complete whatever repairs I had planned and re-install the driveshaft in the driveway near the street.

Should have used the wheel chocks in the first place!
Since no one got hurt, as I imagine this scene in my head, it plays like a Chevy Chase movie! Pretty funny, you runnning down the driveway chasing after your disabled car, and having to do the repairs right there cause you can't drive it!:)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts