Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy the Shelby dash pod that goes on top of the dash in the center. You can buy it without holes, with holes or with very expensive Shelby autometer signed gauges. At any rate, one gauge I want for sure is oil temp. I do not want to tap the oil pan for reasons of metal shavings and not knowing the proper place to drill but mainly shavings. Besides I would probably have to braze in a bung or something right? Anyway, is there any other place on our 4.6 3v that I can hook this gauge up? STL I know you're out there. Maybe you and others know what I need to do. Thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
Dear Mark,

There are several vendors that sell single or double gauge pods for one or two gauges...

You do not tap into the oil pan nowadays...

Vendors sell an adaptor that screws into the oil filter outlet so you can hook up the oil temperature or oil pressure sendors gauge.

Dave

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boy do I like the sound of that! Any idea of the part name or what company sells them? I've got lots of issues of MM&FF and Modified Mustangs hanging around but have never seen this item. If anybody knows I'd appreciate it. But it's great news to an older hot car guy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.