Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has the Shelby dead pedal installed in their Gt or GT500. How does it install? Do you need to drill any holes?

P/N 5S3Z-6112020-SL

- Shelby Performance Parts LLC.

Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I actually have had one for quite awhile but have not put it in my car yet. I'll look how it installs when I get to the shop today and let you know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Paulie. Hope you got my PM..if not here you go. :bigthumbsup

I have the Shelby Performance Parts Dead Pedal. Part number 5S3Z-6112020-SL

It uses a bolt that's all ready under the carpet, next to the wiring harness. You just loosen the bolt and slide the tab from the Dead Pedal on and tighten her back up. No drilling required. Looks like about a 5 min job. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Shelby dead pedal.
That's just wrong! First of all, I'm pretty sure Carroll Shelby's not dead yet. And when he does die, it just wouldn't be right if they made a pedal to commemorate his death. After all, you put your feet on pedals. Would the "Shelby dead pedal" be sold to those who couldn't make it in person to dance on his grave? You guys are sick!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:scratchchin Twisting my words, eh? Sounds like something the media would do... :nono:

How about Shelby Mustang left foot "Dead Pedal".... or maybe "Lazy left foot, keep my dirt foot of the carper blocker"... is that better Gary? :bigthumbsup:shigrin

Got your PM Shellee, just hadnt logged on in a couple of days, thanks!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently you haven't read many of my previous posts.
Nope. I signed up last Jan but was out to sea most of the year. I just started looking at the forums again about a month ago. Not used to everyone's personality yet, but I'm getting there. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've installed the CDC dead pedal in my GT500. It matches the other pedals. It required some carpet trim. I believe this has to be done for all if you look at the installation instructions on their web site. My Saleen came with a matching dead pedal and it was installed in the same location.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts