Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a Nissan RSX with a Skyline engine and turbo beat a stock 2007 Shelby GT500 in a drag race?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I don't think the nissan rsx can but I'm sure a nissan sti could beat a gt500

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've heard of Nissan NSX
and
Suburu STI
and
Acura RSX
and the old Nissan Sentra 200 sti

but never those models listed above. but I'm not really an import fan so . . .:winks

But you'll beat the Suburu STI and the Acura RSX (turbo'd) in a drag race all day as long as they're not running a sick amount of boost!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanna say it was a Nissan RSX, but it could've been an NSX. Some douche at work challenged me to a race and he was claiming he could beat my GT500. I have no idea the amount of boost his ride has, but this clown only makes $8/hr, so I'm guessing it can't be much. Personally, I think he's just running his mouth.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
maybe its a 240sx with the RB turbo skyline motor swap. if thats the case, depending how much boost and how built it is, it might can beat you cause of the power to weight ratio.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
NSX and RSX are Acuras.

You need to find out exactly what he has before you make an educated guess as to whether you'll win or lose. But in the end, there's only one way to find out who's faster. Race him.

Honestly, this whole thing sounds fishy to me... but regardless, an 07-12 GT500 is a powerful machine. The biggest challenge is hooking up from a dig.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
You need to find out exactly what your racing cause none of the cars you listed make sense at all.

If it is a Nissan then it will probably be a 240sx with either a SR20 det motor which is what the sylvia comes with or the 2.6 liter outta a skyline. Both combinations can put down butt loads of power.

But like Sharad said it don't make any difference if you are spinning tires instead of moving forward.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
NSX and RSX are Acuras.

You need to find out exactly what he has before you make an educated guess as to whether you'll win or lose. But in the end, there's only one way to find out who's faster. Race him.

Honestly, this whole thing sounds fishy to me... but regardless, an 07-12 GT500 is a powerful machine. The biggest challenge is hooking up from a dig.

Lol! I must have had Nissan on the brain!

Wasn't there a 600+HP Acura NSX? Not sure if it came out or not, but I remember reading about it a while back. It was going to be a "Supercar"

But considering your buddy from work makes 8 bucks an hour, I doubt he has any of the cars listed on this thread. Unless he works for the hell of it and is independantly wealthy.

Have you seen this car? Is it a newer car? Or something from the 90's?

There's also a Mazda RX-8 and RX-7. Nissan GTR (But again, not on $8/hr)

Race him and be done with it. The GT-500 is a bad boy. Just make sure you get off the line without spinning like crazy:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, to clear it all up....I ran into him today. He says he has a 240sx with a skyline engine and turbo. He couldn't tell me how much boost it has though, which makes me think a little bit, cause usually you know how much power your turbo puts out.

Additionally, my GT500 won't be stock after tomorrow afternoon. I just dropped it off to have these mods done:

Steeda Supercharger Pulley
K&N 57 Series FIPK Intake
MagnaFlow Magnapack exhaust system
Dynotune w/ Predator combo

I'm hoping I'll have no trouble kicking his ass :cooldude:

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
well there is no telling what hp that car might have, it could be anywhere from about 400 to ? With a very lightweight chassis you will have your hands full no matter what, I've seen videos of the new GTR whip just about any supercar made today

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
All I gotta tell you about your GT500 is that your going to punish your tires which won't help with traction and that's what loses races. No matter how much power your putting down if you can't hook up it's all over.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Ok, to clear it all up....I ran into him today. He says he has a 240sx with a skyline engine and turbo. He couldn't tell me how much boost it has though, which makes me think a little bit, cause usually you know how much power your turbo puts out.

Additionally, my GT500 won't be stock after tomorrow afternoon. I just dropped it off to have these mods done:

Steeda Supercharger Pulley
K&N 57 Series FIPK Intake
MagnaFlow Magnapack exhaust system
Dynotune w/ Predator combo

I'm hoping I'll have no trouble kicking his ass :cooldude:
i knew it would be a 240 with a motor swap. your gonna have your hands full with this run. its already hard to make a gt500 hook on stock tires, let alone with the mods your gonna be performing. also, no way of knowing what all he has and what boost. is it twin turboed or one big single turbo? i love the gt500, but ill give the race to the 240 if he has it right.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
And never count out the other guy...

My beater used to be a 1995 200sx SER with a SR20det swap and that little front driver put 348 to the front tires. I had the stock front rims widened some and ran sticky tires everywhere. Let's say with bad paint and ugly tints that little turd used to surprise people everywhere. I could never break outta the 12's but trap speed was in the teens.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
one of the locals when I lived in KY had a 240sx with a built sr20DET, gutted interior, weight in the spare tire well, and slicks. Rumor was that it was a 10-second car. He beat plenty of 11 second cars in the area so I could believe it.

That GT500 is gonna need some sticky tires at a minimum. The FIRST thing I'd do before I negotiate the race is look at what tires the Nissan is sittin' on. If it's the typical stanced look with skinny tires stretched across some 18x10s, then it's a driver's race. If it's sitting on 15" wheels with slicks, you're gonna have a rough night.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can anyone recommend street-legal tires that are better than the standard Eagle F1's that came with the Shelby?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
most of those street racing guys run Nittos...

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Or Mickeys DR will do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts