Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
That splitter is not having a good day.

It would be nice to see a Mustang with an official time on that track, since nearly every other performance car does.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Gt600???????????????

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
WOW! The GT500 already costs as much as the ZL1 is suppose to. Will this be competitive?

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
non factory splitter and grills are modified... also looks like slicks at all four corners. Looks wicked flying around the banking at nurburgring though.

Don't know if you guys saw it, but chevy just posted a video YESTERDAY of the new ZR1 SMASHING the production car lap record at nurburgring. (previously held by Viper ACR) Vette ran 7:19. (that's friggin' ROLLIN'! Faster than ALL of the exotics)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont worry the new shelby will piss all over the zl1... it will have 620 hp + and as you can tell by its stance in the picture... independent rear suspension...no more live axle

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
dont worry the new shelby will piss all over the zl1... it will have 620 hp + and as you can tell by its stance in the picture... independent rear suspension...no more live axle
im not sure about it being irs. i dont think that the sn197 will be getting irs but you never know maybe this is a test mule.

but the americans have been ripping that track lately. i guess that is time to take the show to germany again. ww3=car wars lol.

G

·
0 Posts
The pictures were hardly conclusive on the rear suspension.

Shelby-GT500-6.jpg

Shelby-GT500-5.jpg

17250786561785378049.jpg

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
is it me or is there a little bit of negative camber on the rear? the third picture

G

·
0 Posts
is it me or is there a little bit of negative camber on the rear? the third picture
When you load up the suspension during a corner the outside wheel will camber in and the inside wheel unloads and cambers out. Happens with both SRA and IRS.

Looking at this picture, there are definitely some massive brakes on this car!

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Looking closely in the rear wheelwell, the lower control arm for the solid rear axle can be clearly seen.

Shelby-GT500-4.jpg

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
yeah the stoppers are at least 15". very nice ride. i dont think that i will be able to afford it as i cant even afford a 2011 gt500. so... i guess i have to be happy with my gt lol.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I wish they would put a large brakes on the rear too, looks a bit silly with the smaller disc in the back.

G

·
0 Posts
I wish they would put a large brakes on the rear too, looks a bit silly with the smaller disc in the back.
The rear brakes ARE larger than the current GT500. Remember, those rear wheels are 20" and the fronts are 19". The rear brakes on modern cars will almost always be smaller than the front brakes as the fronts do most of the work due to weight transfer.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The rear brakes ARE larger than the current GT500. Remember, those rear wheels are 20" and the fronts are 19". The rear brakes on modern cars will almost always be smaller than the front brakes as the fronts do most of the work due to weight transfer.
I should have said as large as the front. I realize the front does most of the stopping but IMO, from an aesthetic perspective, it makes the wheels look a bit disproportionate. I've seen a couple of Stangs with Brembo upgrades on the rear and they look really nice.

G

·
0 Posts
I should have said as large as the front. I realize the front does most of the stopping but IMO, from an aesthetic perspective, it makes the wheels look a bit disproportionate. I've seen a couple of Stangs with Brembo upgrades on the rear and they look really nice.
The wheels are actually disproportionate, it's not just appearances. But in my opinion, form follows function.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks like she has carbon rotors from that side shot and wow is she loaded down heading in that curve. Wonder if its from entry speed or two heavy ass test drivers?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The red car i posted is a test mule featuring independent rear suspension... I don't know where that black car with the live rear axle came from... that was never the car at hand which we were discussing. This shelby "gt600" when discussed in a few of the articles, reveled that it did have no more live rear axle. They were driving the car and also watching the car race. In all honestly, why wouldnt it have independent rear suspension? ... the camaro does, so obviously ford needs to compete if they want to hold their own.

G

·
0 Posts
The red car i posted is a test mule featuring independent rear suspension... I don't know where that black car with the live rear axle came from... that was never the car at hand which we were discussing. This shelby "gt600" when discussed in a few of the articles, reveled that it did have no more live rear axle. They were driving the car and also watching the car race. In all honestly, why wouldnt it have independent rear suspension? ... the camaro does, so obviously ford needs to compete if they want to hold their own.
Both cars were at the Nurbugring at the same time and feature(at least visibly) the same mechanicals. The only hint at IRS was pure speculation and there has been no evidence to support the idea. And the picture of the black car actually shows evidence that the live axle remains.

Ford definitely DOES NOT NEED IRS to compete with Chevrolet as the BOSS has been cleaning up Grand Am just fine with the solid rear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.