Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember if Shell is more expensive than Mobil over where I'm at but I keep going to shell because of the "Nitrogen Enriched" gas. Then I heard that's only the premium fuel not the regular fuel. If that's true then I'm curious...

Which gas should I use? Mobil? Or Shell?

Will I even see a difference if all I'm using is 87 OC? Other than a couple cents a gallon? (Which is a lot 2 me)

·
Registered
62 Posts
well were im from shell's 87 octane is $3.49 a gallon and spreme is $3.69 a gallon i do not feel a difference on performance but only on the fill up the gas lasts longer if u take it easy on your foot but wen u step on it it will drain quick, as for a/c off or on dont see a difference but i would stick with shell's

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here, Shell is 3.99 and Mobil is 3.95 I looked it up. Is it really that big of a difference in how long they last?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The general knowledge is >50mph, windows open. <50mph, windows shut, a/c on.

Also, I don't like Shell. My engine makes a strange knocking noise when running Shell. It only happens when I run Shell gas. I used V-power or whatever it's called.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I use Exxon (mobil) and have never had a complaint from my car, I only run premium gas for the race tune, the performance tunes just don't do anything, I only switch over when I can't get the good stuff, I used shell once, seemed to act like it wasn't rated right, like runing 87 when it says 89, I try to avoid them.....

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm.... I think I'll use Mobil now cause they're cheaper but the Premium at shell is 4.19 and mobil is like 4.25 or something.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Gas here is 3.55 :)

R

·
0 Posts
Not that it needs to be said, but unless you have the car tuned for 91, it is a waste.

That all being said I use Chevron and Shell in my Mark VII. Exxon/Mobil has ethanol in it around here. The Mark VII and Notch don't like it.

$3.59/gallon here for 87.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Regardless of brand all the gas you can buy in your area comes from the same refinery.

There are tons of threads....but the cheapest you can find.

Don't start with the sediment in the underground tank and stuff. The EPA routinely checks all aspects of that tank.....here we go again...:spineyes:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just curious as to which gas station to use cause I don't want 2 be charged 3.99 for gas thats the same as the 3.95 gas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts