Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 GT and I want to change out the stock shifter grip/ball for a Grabber Pony one I purchased. I do have the aluminum spacer/adapter also.... Anybody know how to do this or have tips so I don't mess anything up...? How about the boot, how does that work, mating up to the new adapter...? Thanks

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
its simple, thread off the stock knob, thread the new collar on, now thread the new knob on and lock it against the collar. itll be kinda hard to get the two to lock tight against each other but you can do it with a few tries

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
It really is a unscrew the factory knob off and screw the grabber pony knob on. Of course if you wish to use the jam nut/spacer screw that on first then the grabber pony knob. To get the grabber pony graphic to line up you may have to back the jamnut/spacer a tick up off the bottom. It's really just that simple.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I was not sure if there was a small set screw or allen screw down at the base of the ball somewhere. How does the stock boot fit up to the adapter, is it a clean fit or do you have to modify it somehow....? Thanks for the info so far guys....! Chris

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Cool, I was not sure if there was a small set screw or allen screw down at the base of the ball somewhere. How does the stock boot fit up to the adapter, is it a clean fit or do you have to modify it somehow....? Thanks for the info so far guys....! Chris
Clean fit! There is a flare at the bottom of the adapter that matches perfectly even if you have to back it off to straighten the graphic.

·
Registered
142 Posts
beautiful fit, i did it the first day i had the car and i haven't had to adjust it at all, sits there perfectly.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info guys, now I got a mini project for tomorrow...! Regards

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know guys, I just went out and tried it but the adapter and ball really don't fit well. There's a big hole or gap at the base with a black plastic piece that holds the boot..... I must not have the right adapter or something.....? I'll have to research pictures to see what I am missing.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's what it looks like.....

Attachments

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
You know guys, I just went out and tried it but the adapter and ball really don't fit well. There's a big hole or gap at the base with a black plastic piece that holds the boot..... I must not have the right adapter or something.....? I'll have to research pictures to see what I am missing.....
Correct! You need the jam nut that has the flared bottom. It'll cover up that large gap.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
1,506 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool, thanks guys....! Chris