Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just ordered my 2012 v6 and would like to put in a new shifter, something like a tall roush shifter, but cant find anything like that. Has anyone put in a new shifter in their mustangs yet and if so what was it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't have anything new, I have a 2000 V6, and I put in a short throw off American Muscle. Came quick, installed easy, and I love the feel. Great shifts from 1-5, and shifts into reverse much easier. Go to their site. I'm sure you'll find something. I didn't go for looks, rather I went for feel. A roush shifter and boot would look sick in the new mustangs however.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a roush cue ball and boot on the way as we speak. I didn't go for an extention but I've got a 12 v6 as well, I'll get ya a picture once it is delivered if you would like to see it in the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah if you could send me some pictures of that once it's in that would be awesome. Where did you order yours from also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Manuel is a man's name. Manual would be your standard six speed. I ordered it from stage3motorsports. It ended up being a couple dollars cheaper than getting it through Roush.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hey i just ordered my 2012 v6 and would like to put in a new shifter, something like a tall roush shifter, but cant find anything like that. Has anyone put in a new shifter in their mustangs yet and if so what was it?
I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking a look at Grabber Pony, GrabberPony.com (Powered by CubeCart)

I had them custom make my shift knob and it is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME... Here's a pic after my 3 minute install.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Manuel is a man's name. Manual would be your standard six speed..
"manuel" is also french for "manual".... mon ami ;-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking a look at Grabber Pony, GrabberPony.com (Powered by CubeCart)

I had them custom make my shift knob and it is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME... Here's a pic after my 3 minute install.
The pictures look good bro, how is the color match in person tho? Are they made from the super duper special resin (pool ball resin) that the other companies have been using? I saw another thread suggesting that grabberpony may have gone out of business. That may have been another forum and it may have been straightened out, I will look for it to confirm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the pictures look sick bro. So the knob is custom, but what about the shifter is it stock or did you upgrade on that too.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
The pictures look good bro, how is the color match in person tho? Are they made from the super duper special resin (pool ball resin) that the other companies have been using? I saw another thread suggesting that grabberpony may have gone out of business. That may have been another forum and it may have been straightened out, I will look for it to confirm.
Regarding the color match, they use the same Kona blue paint that is on the car, I only changed the knob and the boot adapter, the shifting mechanism itself is stock. I will say however, that the shifting itself feels much better with this knob compared to stock, a firmer, more racing feel through every shift.

I believe they use some sort of Ceramic, doesn't really get hot or cold, even in 98 degrees in South Florida it stays very neutral, installation was an incredible breeze as well. I got the pony engraved on both sides, matching paint, and the 6 speed engraved on top for about $95 total, including the chrome adapter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts