Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, glad to be a part of the forums, finally joined after reading for several months.

I installed a Hurst billet shifter a few months ago, recently I was ramming through the gears and it turned into a dead stick. The shifter disconnected from the shifter linkage. Basically the nut came off (in my haste I forgot the lock-tight) and I not only lost the nut but also one side of the plastic bushing.

The dealer said they didn't sell the pieces separately, I would need to purchase a complete stock shifter at $300. I think the guy was being lazy and didn't want to help me, any thoughts on where I can locate the small pieces that make a huge difference?

deebo

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I would either contact someone at Hurst or just fabricate it myself. I would think the bolt would be an easy find and the bushing could be fabbed up or purchased though a hardware store. They get their parts from somewhere.Perhaps "Nylon bushings" on google might do wonders?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
The dealer is correct. They don't sell the individual pieces to the shifter assembly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.