Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spouse says I can get a new short shifter, after my first run on the track last week. I hear Steeda tossed around a lot. Anyone got opinions or preferences on what's best or preferred?

·
Registered
897 Posts
The tri-ax has a pretty notchy feel. I have one. The Steeda economy shifter probably will give you the reduced throw without the thunk thunk mechanical feel.

The hurst shifter gives a really cool retro look to the mustang and it maintains the stock bushings which should kkep it feeling pretty stock.

If you do decide to go with the tri-ax don't be alarmed if it feels very stiff for the first few weeks.

I also still have my 90 CRX-Si.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just my two cents on the hurst, I have it and it looks great!!! I got a awesome deal on it and it looks great!! It's so incredibly short too... Now I dunno if it's just me but it's harder to put in gear now and I have shifted into the wrong gear so many times with this shifter!!! My shifts are much slower now with it cause I caustiously shift gears to make sure it goes to the right one. For performance I would probably go with steeda's...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts