Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which do you have some opinions on. DROP EM ON ME.. im buyin a shifter.. B&M Shifter, Steeda Triax, or the Pro 5.0 shifter.. What else should i get with it? Firewall cable? hook quadrant or anything?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
i love my Steeda Triax. Few of my friends with mustang are also running them and the ylike it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
MGW!! ALL THE WAY!!... imo, from the ones i've tested.. the MGW was my favorite, hence why I got it... and the Steeda tri-ax was a close second... they're about the same amount of money - I just liked the feel of the MGW...

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
I have no complaint about my Tri-ax, but it's also the only one I have tried. I got the gaskets from mustang tuning and have absolutely no noise from the transmission. However, it takes away some of the clanky feel to your shifts, which some people prefer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use the B&M Ripper Shifter. It has taken allot of abuse over the last year and a half and is still like new. The positive shift from 2nd to 3rd is great if you plan on doing any speed shifting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rippers nice ive heard but i havnt tried it. is the triax a + shift from 2nd to 3rd?

·
Registered
269 Posts
MGW all the way! My friend has it in his 02, and it is AMAZING. I promise it will make you wet your pants. Ha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think im goin with the mgw. i saw that they had a second handle you can buy for it or something? whats that all about? other than that, it looks pretty easy to install my self at home. anyone know if it is or what?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I installed mine at my house with my buddy... kinda mechanically challenged too, haha. Took about 30 min... and since i messed it up, I had to take it out and put it back together - once i knew what i was doin it took me about 15 min to take it all apart and back together.. All you have to do is follow the directions - and you can also change the handle on it to sit towards you straight up or away.. I have mine with a lil tilt towards me... and it locks like nothin else in gear... but yeah it's pretty easy they give you the correct size allen wrench and sealant.. all you need to have is a socket set and ability to read and you're set...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.