Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On any relatively cold morning I have trouble putting my car into gear. The colder the morning the harder it is to get into gear. 2nd and Reverse seem to be the worst, but all gears are tough. I've had this problem for a while but figured when I put the new tri-ax in it would take care of it. It feels as if it grabs and doesn't want me to shift as if the clutch is not depressed, but it is on the floor. Even while driving down the road it can be difficult to shift into gear, especially if I come to a rolling stop and try to put it back into first. Is this a clutch issue or something else in the tranny? My car is still under warranty, but would this be under warranty and if so did my tri-ax install void that warranty?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Your problem is one that everyone with a 5 speed has. It's wear on the synchros inside the transmission, not a clutch issue. You may want to take it to the dealership and make sure they write up some kind of troubleshoot or repair order and make sure you get a copy of it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
Your problem is one that everyone with a 5 speed has. It's wear on the synchros inside the transmission, not a clutch issue. You may want to take it to the dealership and make sure they write up some kind of troubleshoot or repair order and make sure you get a copy of it.
I agree, but if you do bring it back tke dealer I would throw the stock shifter back in. Depending on whether the dealer is mod friendly or not they may void your warranty if they claim the aftermarket shifter cause the problem (pre-existing or not). Best to avoid a hassle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.