Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding that my order for a 2011 GT500 is discouraging to say the least. I can also see from different threads I'm not alone. I feel compelled to relate my story in this thread. I think Fords problems go well beyond the production facility and ramp 51. I ordered my car on 03/28/10. Within 3 weeks it was scheduled for production, I had a VIN, and an ETA of 05/16/10. My dealer was, and still is, keeping me informed every step of the way. By 05/05/10 the car is produced, and the dealer has the title. We're getting excited. Then the ramp 51 fiasco. On 06/01/10 the car is released for tansit, signed for by the rail carrier and a new ETA of 06/09/10. On 06/07/10 the car is in Rolla CO and signed for by the trucking company, and here it is 06/15/10, and it's still sitting outside waiting for a truck. This car has been exposed to the elements more in the past month and a half then it will be, if I ever get it. I'm amazed that an established company like Ford conducts business this way. I served in the Army for 23 years, if we had conducted business the way FORD has handled this, our country would be in a mess. I still look forward to getting the car, but I'm very dissapointed. Before closing I think it's important to note this is the fourth vehicle I ordered from Ford, never had a problem like this!!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Sounds like the trucking company screwed up. The car haulers are independant and not Ford owned.

Sorry about the mess, I know I would be a little annoyed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
No offense, but Ford has nothing to do with the car once it leaves the factory. You want to blame Ford for the train/truck breaking down, or being delayed somehow?
Sorry for you delay, but I think your blame is misguided.
Congrats on the new car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm finding that my order for a 2011 GT500 is discouraging to say the least. I can also see from different threads I'm not alone. I feel compelled to relate my story in this thread. I think Fords problems go well beyond the production facility and ramp 51. I ordered my car on 03/28/10. Within 3 weeks it was scheduled for production, I had a VIN, and an ETA of 05/16/10. My dealer was, and still is, keeping me informed every step of the way. By 05/05/10 the car is produced, and the dealer has the title. We're getting excited. Then the ramp 51 fiasco. On 06/01/10 the car is released for tansit, signed for by the rail carrier and a new ETA of 06/09/10. On 06/07/10 the car is in Rolla CO and signed for by the trucking company, and here it is 06/15/10, and it's still sitting outside waiting for a truck. This car has been exposed to the elements more in the past month and a half then it will be, if I ever get it. I'm amazed that an established company like Ford conducts business this way. I served in the Army for 23 years, if we had conducted business the way FORD has handled this, our country would be in a mess. I still look forward to getting the car, but I'm very dissapointed. Before closing I think it's important to note this is the fourth vehicle I ordered from Ford, never had a problem like this!!!!:banghead:
Take no personal offense (and thanks for your service -- I gave my 3 years to the Army 20 years ago and now serve the Marines as a contractor) but here you go:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like the trucking company screwed up. The car haulers are independant and not Ford owned.

Sorry about the mess, I know I would be a little annoyed.
What is up with these transportation companies? Our dealership has cars at the rail yard but the haulers couldn't come to terms with the company they work for. No haulers = no cars.:banghead:

·
Registered
183 Posts
No offense, but Ford has nothing to do with the car once it leaves the factory. You want to blame Ford for the train/truck breaking down, or being delayed somehow?
Ford might be independent of the trucking and rail carriers but Ford does choose who they do business with in the end. Choosing a poor carrier is just one of many ways to dump on your end customers. Who knows if one carrier is better than another but I do agree with his frustrations.

·
Registered
482 Posts
My arrived by rail Tuesday, 15 Jun, in Cayce, SC. That's 38 miles from me. Now Let's see how long it takes to get to me. I'm sooooooo close! :needabreak

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To say that Ford has no responsibility after it leaves their facility does not meet the common sense test. Ford contracts transprtation to meet the needs of Ford and their customers. If the commitments agreed to by the contrating agent are not not met. Ford needs to correct the issue. To say Ford doesn't have any responsibility is not true.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I just live a few miles from the plant, Just have them shipped to a dealer near me and I will personally drive them to you for a small fee. :laugh:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just live a few miles from the plant, Just have them shipped to a dealer near me and I will personally drive them to you for a small fee. :laugh:
This is my dream job. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have my business. Maybe you can collect some of those destination charges.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ha. Army is a well run company? HAHAHAHA that is a joke if i have ever heard one. Military is by FAR the worse ran Organization ever! I am in a different branch and worked for the army in the middleeast. and all i can say is wow. Ford looks like saints over the army.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
As I said in another related thread...

We saw this before with the 05 GT's.

Patience. Stressing out won't help you.

Personally, that experience taught me to wait for the initial demand to die down a bit. The cars will still be there.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well I would hope that Shelby would have the good sense to put on a cheap cover for shipment. Or would that be bad if it is allowed to flap in the wind?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I would hope that Shelby would have the good sense to put on a cheap cover for shipment. Or would that be bad if it is allowed to flap in the wind?
Sorry but none of them get covered.

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
My arrived by rail Tuesday, 15 Jun, in Cayce, SC. That's 38 miles from me. Now Let's see how long it takes to get to me. I'm sooooooo close! :needabreak
way to go shadow I'm pullin for ya brother!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks Zill! Now if THE CALL will come..........

·
Registered
482 Posts
Zill, did your car come in yet?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
You're suprised that Ford conducts business this way? Ha, this is typical for corporate America, all the good people quit, the bottom are fired and you are left with are 80% who don't care and are mostly union members who wouldn't even have jobs if the idiot in the oval office didn't pay them off...
Look at those idiots at BP...yeah lets cut corners on a deep water oil well...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.