Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2006 4.6 gt since 2009 November. It has 47000 miles and i notice it is about time for shocks. It is a dry road weekender to me. I have only put about 6,000 miles on it. I want ot buy good shocks for the car that will perform well for curves etc without spending a fortune or getting more than a novice like me will appreciate. Anybody have suggestions? I don't want a too soft ride nor do I want to feel like I'm four wheeling. Thanks for any ideas.

S

·
0 Posts
Do a search with our search function and you'll turn up some great info on what members are running on their cars. Essentially anything is going to be better than stock. Tokico D-Specs are a popular choice as well as Koni's.

Are you thinking of lowering the car or doing any other suspension mods? If so, it might be best to tackle it all at once to save you money if you're having a shop do the work.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i find the oem gt struts and shocks to be pretty decent myself. i put the first set on at 50k and the 2nd at 93k, even though i think they were still fine this last time, but the mount/bearings were shot. regardless of what struts you go with, replace the mounts at the same time. i used the frpp mounts this time, the oem`s were junk. the bearings were completely wore apart at 40k

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts