Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but couldn't find any information. My 02 GT is in the shop getting bbk shorty headers, pypes xpipe, and pypes violator exhaust system installed. The shop is charging $500 to install and gave me a loaner car and will have done in 1 day. Is this about average install costs? I hear that these headers are a pain to install then hearing it only takes 3hrs to complete. What is the price you paid for installation?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Depends if your savi at working on cars, for the matters of install time. Shop's install prices are all different, just be sure they are a good rep shop and gurantee their work.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
if it includes the headers that isnt too bad. it will sure as hell save you a ton a frusteration trying to get those suckers done. if you have automotive experience, some brews, a buddy, and a day or two off you could probably tackle it yourself.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
if it includes the headers that isnt too bad. it will sure as hell save you a ton a frusteration trying to get those suckers done. if you have automotive experience, some brews, a buddy, and a day or two off you could probably tackle it yourself.
Don't forget the band aids for the bloody knuckles:gringreen

·
Registered
613 Posts
I tried searching but couldn't find any information. My 02 GT is in the shop getting bbk shorty headers, pypes xpipe, and pypes violator exhaust system installed. The shop is charging $500 to install and gave me a loaner car and will have done in 1 day. Is this about average install costs? I hear that these headers are a pain to install then hearing it only takes 3hrs to complete. What is the price you paid for installation?
That price sounds fair to me for having to replace the whole exhaust system. Shops will always make it seem like it will take longer than it really will. They need to add spare time to the job in case something goes wrong. A job like that probably would take 3 hrs. but labor costs are expensive, and both the shop and the tech need to make money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.