Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just came from the shop earlier today an they told me that i should just put the stang down (i shed some tears)

but the hole thing he told me is that there is so many things wrong with it because:
1. power windows dont regulate rite(windows go up to high)

2. power locks/keyless entry not working

3. front bumper damaged (needs replacing)

4. can't find hoses for the vapor canister purge valve

5. vapor purge solenoid is missing

6. windshield wipers no work

7. high beams no work

8. no front inner fenders

9. mass air flow sensor not working rite( just replaced it to)

10. hood needs to be replaced

11. head light & header panel needs to be replaced

12. new antenna (hole thing came off)

13. rear shock/ front struts are bad

14. cowl cover smashed an done

15. new rims an tires (needed badly)

ive been on here lots of times before asking about parts for this car an ive replaced them an nothing has worked for it still malfunctions and now is cutting off on me couldnt even drive it home had to have it towed :( and now my parents are telling me that they agree with the shop it has to many headaces for me to be driving it back and forward to work everyday i would love to keep it but i dont have the time to fix it myself like i wanted to and i dont have the money to have it fixed by another shop but i thought i would get a third fourth fifth sixth etc... opinion on this :) is it to many headaces for me to handle or would i be able to fix on my own with out shop:headscratch:

also my stang is a 2001 v6 3.8L automatic

also the shop wanted to sell me a Pontiac Grand Am v6 auto year - idk sry

i dont know much about cars but it looks good for a used car engine is great condition just got the headers replaced on it sounds good haven't drove it around but so far sounds good(but not rly what i want) the shop wants 4000 for it and i cant make payments on it :headscratch: but for now just need a car to get to work and back for now so idc what kind of car i get as long as i get there on time an back:so:happydance:

the funny part is the guy knows my grandfather and knows that my parents nor me nor my grandfather have that kind of money to sell out all at one time even if we all put our money together but he wants it off his lot as fast as possible but dosn't want me to pay him in payments(even tho he knows my grandfather is good for it):headscratch:

to me it sounds like the shop just wasted my time saying it was going to fix my stang bullshted around with it then said this car is sht would like this nice car over here:so

if i dont comment back on this site an u still want to contact me u can react me at my cell number 9099678144 (texting is ok:bigthumbsup) or my email [email protected] (im not as evil as this says :happyhapp)

·
Registered
910 Posts
20 years of wear in 8

Wow, its thrashed after only 8 years? Tell me you bought it that way. I think you could find one which has been taken care of for way less money than it will cost to fix that one because that one sounds corroded. Maybe the electrical connections also. Maybe Obama will buy it off you for more than its worth and you can turn the cash around into something cleaner.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
ok i just came from the shop earlier today an they told me that i should just put the stang down (i shed some tears)

but the hole thing he told me is that there is so many things wrong with it because:
1. power windows dont regulate rite(windows go up to high)

2. power locks/keyless entry not working

3. front bumper damaged (needs replacing)

4. can't find hoses for the vapor canister purge valve

5. vapor purge solenoid is missing

6. windshield wipers no work

7. high beams no work

8. no front inner fenders

9. mass air flow sensor not working rite( just replaced it to)

10. hood needs to be replaced

11. head light & header panel needs to be replaced

12. new antenna (hole thing came off)

13. rear shock/ front struts are bad

14. cowl cover smashed an done

15. new rims an tires (needed badly)

dont give up!!! my TA,

no head lamps at all
broke 3rd part of spoiler, no brakes, rusted out brake lines, rusted out gas lines, seats... no carpet or head liner cracked window, 2 broken door handles, punched trunk lock, no radio , trans out of alignment, rusted out muffler system, dented badly drivers fender and drivers door, no door panels, rusted out floor pan ( Flintstones style for all 4 riders ) dash pad is cracked, broke glove box, rusted A pillars, no weather stripping at all,jerry rigged wiring under the hood and in the **** pit. and I'm SURE I'm for getting a ton.

but at least she starts.

moral to the story... just start somewhere and dont let go. build her back better than ever part by part

guess i cant say c.o.c.k pit on here, so in the drivers area, lol

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Don't feel bad man... We'll always have 05Horse to feel better about ourselves! :gringreen :bigthumbsup

You have a tough decision to make... Sounds like a lot of stuff needs fixing.

Whatever you end up doing... Good luck!:happyhapp

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, its thrashed after only 8 years? Tell me you bought it that way. I think you could find one which has been taken care of for way less money than it will cost to fix that one because that one sounds corroded. Maybe the electrical connections also. Maybe Obama will buy it off you for more than its worth and you can turn the cash around into something cleaner.
nope was giving to me lol

i wish he would buy it off me so i could pic up 07 gt like i wanted from the start

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Don't feel bad man... We'll always have 05Horse to feel better about ourselves! :gringreen :bigthumbsup

You have a tough decision to make... Sounds like a lot of stuff needs fixing.

Whatever you end up doing... Good luck!:happyhapp
yea yea you know it...
at least I'm not the one running around the corn filed trying to squeeze gas out of the cobs

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
yea if its ur DD its hard to do it because you need it

dude if its a 2001 or later 3.8L V6 those cars FLY

notorious for breakign upper manafold intake gaskets, ( $1400 dealr repair ) but you can do it yourself in a day with little mechanical skills ) they usually go out between 80-90 K. its a plauge on those cars.

but, for a FWD 6 cyl, thos cars are badass!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont give up!!! my TA,

no head lamps at all
broke 3rd part of spoiler, no brakes, rusted out brake lines, rusted out gas lines, seats... no carpet or head liner cracked window, 2 broken door handles, punched trunk lock, no radio , trans out of alignment, rusted out muffler system, dented badly drivers fender and drivers door, no door panels, rusted out floor pan ( Flintstones style for all 4 riders ) dash pad is cracked, broke glove box, rusted A pillars, no weather stripping at all,jerry rigged wiring under the hood and in the **** pit. and I'm SURE I'm for getting a ton.

but at least she starts.

moral to the story... just start somewhere and dont let go. build her back better than ever part by part

guess i cant say c.o.c.k pit on here, so in the drivers area, lol
yup she starts i just got her to stop cutting off on me while im riding with the use of some duck tape:so but i would love to keep it aan work on it an learn a lot about cars from this one but i have to drive to a place called Big Sur lodge and it cant make it from my house to there because of the gas problem and lots of really big hills twists and turns

so i geuss im leaving it up to faith cause im going to a junk yard for the eigth time and looking for the hoses for the vapor purge valve if i find the hoses for it then ill keep it and keep working on it until she back str8 enough to be driving back and forward to work and skol but i really want to keep her but i dont have a house and cant jus put her in the back

i have to keep on the street and the city gets pissy:nono: about that are on the street in the same spot for more then two weeks i can move it but they'll catch me sooner or later :so

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
yup she starts i just got her to stop cutting off on me while im riding with the use of some duck tape:so but i would love to keep it aan work on it an learn a lot about cars from this one but i have to drive to a place called Big Sur lodge and it cant make it from my house to there because of the gas problem and lots of really big hills twists and turns

so i geuss im leaving it up to faith cause im going to a junk yard for the eigth time and looking for the hoses for the vapor purge valve if i find the hoses for it then ill keep it and keep working on it until she back str8 enough to be driving back and forward to work and skol but i really want to keep her but i dont have a house and cant jus put her in the back

i have to keep on the street and the city gets pissy:nono: about that are on the street in the same spot for more then two weeks i can move it but they'll catch me sooner or later :so

as long as its licenced, insured, and registered... tell em times are hard tough...crap... lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea if its ur DD its hard to do it because you need it

dude if its a 2001 or later 3.8L V6 those cars FLY

notorious for breakign upper manafold intake gaskets, ( $1400 dealr repair ) but you can do it yourself in a day with little mechanical skills ) they usually go out between 80-90 K. its a plauge on those cars.

but, for a FWD 6 cyl, thos cars are badass!
itsnt it a RWD v6????

80-90 k is thats thousands :happyhapp

i know it is but me is a daily driver wit it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as long as its licenced, insured, and registered... tell em times are hard tough...crap... lol
that would work if they werent trying to get at my uncle through me :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like a dealer is pushing a car on a buyer....imo this cant be good
ya i know what u mean i really felt like that cause i took it to another shop an the other said that there is a yrd wit lots of mustang jus sittin rite for the takin an called them up an ask for the hoses i needed an sure enough then didnt have my exact yr but they had one of the 2000s so imma go check it out to see if they will work if so ill strip the 2000 down an take all of what i need for my lil baby sixer:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mybe this was flood car at one time

I used to an insurance adjuster. All thse weird things, like the windows, locks and electrical stuff sounds like the car went down the creek one day long ago.

I would definietly take it to another shop for a second opinion.

Pat

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok ill take it another shop after i get another day off an look for the vapor hoses ill take it back to my main shop last time i trust someone my grandfather knows

·
Registered
910 Posts
I used to an insurance adjuster. All thse weird things, like the windows, locks and electrical stuff sounds like the car went down the creek one day long ago.

I would definietly take it to another shop for a second opinion.

Pat
what gets me is that its only 8 or 9 years old and in S. Cal. My last car, a ford probe I kept for 11 years and when I sold it it still looked and operated like new. Everyone who saw it said it was extreamly clean. There was nothing wrong with it. Not that it never needed any repairs, it did. And its matinence too. But not to the extent of the problems this dude's car is having. I agree with your assessment that the previous owner must have suffered some sort of disaster with this car to have thrashed it so.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what gets me is that its only 8 or 9 years old and in S. Cal. My last car, a ford probe I kept for 11 years and when I sold it it still looked and operated like new. Everyone who saw it said it was extreamly clean. There was nothing wrong with it. Not that it never needed any repairs, it did. And its matinence too. But not to the extent of the problems this dude's car is having. I agree with your assessment that the previous owner must have suffered some sort of disaster with this car to have thrashed it so.
ya it was a disaster ive fixed it back up this far with the lil money i had but now i have a new job an it cant make the trip it may ride and look like it need to be at the junk yard but after i get the struts/shocks for it (plus get the wipers working again and get the evap vapor hoses) it will be fine jus like any other sixer out there (jus will look like sht:hihi: but drives like a dream:bigthumbsup)

·
Registered
20 Posts
ya it was a disaster ive fixed it back up this far with the lil money i had but now i have a new job an it cant make the trip it may ride and look like it need to be at the junk yard but after i get the struts/shocks for it (plus get the wipers working again and get the evap vapor hoses) it will be fine jus like any other sixer out there (jus will look like sht:hihi: but drives like a dream:bigthumbsup)
no no no. they mean an actual DISASTER like a flood or such. maybe it was in hurricane katrina. i heard they were pulling those cars out cleaning them and shipping them up. big time illeagal. thing is when i read your first post i thought this car must have water damage.
my husbands 1994 had a bad electrical harness but that wouldnt account for the bad sensors and such. little things like your antenna and bumpers are cosmetic and can easily be fixed from a pull apart lot. tons of mustangs out there.
i have a 2003 with 90k and it runs perfectly. this car has benn thrashed. dont buy from that dealer friend. he just wants to move a car and doesnt care if you cant afford it. what a jerk.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.