Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some recommendations for a good Short Shifter for my 2013 Mustang GT.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Most here like the MGW although the Barton and the Steeda have gotten good reviews as well.
Make sure you get a replacement bracket as well.

I haven't gotten one yet but am leaning toward the Barton.
You'll find plenty of info that should help you decide with a quick search.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
My MGW went on almost immediately and has been fantastic for over 21,000 miles. Can't go wrong with this shifter...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Most here like the MGW although the Barton and the Steeda have gotten good reviews as well.
Make sure you get a replacement bracket as well.

I haven't gotten one yet but am leaning toward the Barton.
You'll find plenty of info that should help you decide with a quick search.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above.
Concur with the above.

I have the Barton shifter/bracket. Love it, one of the best things I've done to my car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
barton two post - I love it and other guys at the track who have tried mine loved it also and got one - no issues - super easy install -

·
Registered
311 Posts
MGW, #1, you certainly get your money's worth for the price. The others are close in price but NOWHERE near the quality and thoroughness of design and features.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I can't speak for the other brands but I love my MGW!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have the Barton 2 post and I have no complaints. A lot of people also prefer the MGW. Barton and MGW are the 2 best short shifters in my opinion. Not sure which one is better.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Another vote for the MGW. Bought my car in November and by the end of December I had it installed already.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
+1 more for MGW. Its a bit more but it comes will everything you need. Right down to the blue loctite. thumbsup3.gif

·
Registered
107 Posts
After reading this forum for over a year, I have a now MGW on order. Mention you are a member of this forum and get 5% discount off the MGW.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MGW here!

·
Registered
117 Posts
After reading this and many other threads on short shifters, I am stuck between the Bart 2 post and MGW. Has any one felt them side by side so to speak? They both have different shift reduction according to different web sites.

How hard is it to put it in reverse compaired to the stock shifter?
Is Barton any easier to install over the MGW?

Any extra info would be great! I think i may also do the tranny insert at the same time.

Oh yea, is there any issue using my stock 401A shifter? Does it all look stock when put back together?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Barton with the 2 post is about 370, the MGW is about 30 more. The barton is an easier install, but the MGW is a complete piece, and not something that just bolts on to the stock box. I had the MGW on my 11 V6, very nice piece. The barton gets good reviews too, but for the extra 30, I would do the MGW
When you order the MGW, you can get the fine or coarse threaded shfter to match what you have, and yes it looks stock when done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts