Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I love my Barton

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hurst ... because it's what I bought if nothing else. It's just a stick through a ball in a socket, the length changes on the two ends. To my knowledge, none include any bushings for linkage. I like the looks and I like the ability to change / reposition the grip to put it where I like ... and the shorter throws. Right now, mine is a couple inches higher and has a 3" throw 3-4th gear. 3rd is 3-3/8" from the radio display, 4th is 6-3/8" from same point to center of ball.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
better for what?

if you are trying to improve missed shifts and lock-outs, look into the brackets and such; I hear a lot of the shifting problems are caused by the remote mounted shifter in combination with the transmission moving around due to sloppy brackets and soft bushings

·
Registered
66 Posts
My MGW shifter unit is one of the best bang for my buck mods I have done, and I have done a lot...

Regarding Barton and Ford Racing short shifter assemblies, they are virtually the same. If choosing between these two units then it comes down to name/oem vs price. Some people want to save money, others are fine spending more to keep an oem name.

117 Posts
Hurst ... because it's what I bought if nothing else. It's just a stick through a ball in a socket, the length changes on the two ends. To my knowledge, none include any bushings for linkage. I like the looks and I like the ability to change / reposition the grip to put it where I like ... and the shorter throws. Right now, mine is a couple inches higher and has a 3" throw 3-4th gear. 3rd is 3-3/8" from the radio display, 4th is 6-3/8" from same point to center of ball.
Hurst is such a classic

·
Registered
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,516 Posts
whats better
barton
ford racing
Blowfish Racing, night and day from stock and since I am not a drag racer I am not afraid to move my hand 20-40% to shift going into a corner in the mountains.
Looks like you will have to find it used or contact the Manufacturer since they don't have it listed anywhere anymore.
SHIFTERS DON'T SOLVE SHIFTING PROBLEMS...FIX THE FLAWED SEMI-REMOTE DESIGN WITH A SHIFTER SUPPORT KIT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts