Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 03 Gt Completely Stock. I Am Going To Put In 4.10 Rear End, And Pair It Up With A Short Throw Shifter. I Am Not Sure What Makes One Better(or Not) Than The Other. Any Advise Would Help... I Shift Fast And Hard So Beatings Will Occur At High Rpms. Thanks
Mitch

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I have a B&M shifter, works great and has a nice feel to it/

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have a pro 50 one I like it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im using a Roush shifter in my GT and it is great.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Steeda Tri-AX and MGW are good along with the one's mentioned above too, so you have a tough choice to make:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I LOVE my MGW shifter, awesome feel, missing third is a thing of the past and the kit came with everything to install, even an allen wrench for the stop screws, and silicone to seal it up. I would NOT buy a Roush Shifter, I installed one in my friends '04 GT and you have to cut the inner boot, modify the outer leather boot didn't come with silicone (not a big deal) but cost way more than my MGW. WIth the MGW you don't have to modify anything, I even used my factory shift knob and you wouldn't know it was aftermarket until you drive it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks to everyone responding to this. advise is always good.

man this is tougher than i thought. i don't want any cutting or problems... i am having a ford specialized tech install my "stuff" due lack of experience and i work for ford so it is very inexpensive for me.

i have been teetering on a tri axe and a hurst... any thoughts... i also hear the B&M is smooth

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I'm always hearing about MGW and that it's the best and it seems like more and more people are going with them. Looks great and the material is high quality. The shifts are great also, this is from all the people who have them on their cars and that tell me about it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Again, MGW:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
^Add another one to the long list of MGW lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.