Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good first car and I came across a red 2003 mustang coupe. It has 151k miles on it, a cracked windshield, and an oil leak. Other than that no major issues. The seller is willing to give it up for only $2000 so is it worth buying? What should I expect to pay for the repairs? How long can I expect it to run without emptying my pockets?

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
I'm looking for a good first car and I came across a red 2003 mustang coupe. It has 151k miles on it, a cracked windshield, and an oil leak. Other than that no major issues. The seller is willing to give it up for only $2000 so is it worth buying? What should I expect to pay for the repairs? How long can I expect it to run without emptying my pockets?
Personally I would pass if you don't know how to work on cars... At 151K miles and a oil leak this is screaming project car... Not worth 2K in my opinion.

Now if you know how to work on cars throw them a 1K offer and be ready to get your hands dirty. Maybe a motor swap in your near future.

Also oil leak and no major issues don't go in the same statement well. An oil leak is a pretty major issue if not addressed.

Just my .02

Reactions: FarvaV2
1 - 2 of 2 Posts