Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, im an avid 5.0L lover but i wanted to try a new 4.6 im afraid of it costing a lot more to maintain and fix certain things such as coilpacks and what not thats diff on the 4.6 to the 5.0... i love the SN95s and i was just curious what everyone thought would be the best idea...be honest lol let me know of any pros or cons to having a 4.6...
thanks everyone :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Definitely keep the good ol' 5.OH!

The 302 aftermarket is HUGE compared to 4.6 aftermarket.
302's are easier to work on... You ever tried changing spark plugs on a 4.6???

There is nothing wrong with the 4.6, but the aftermarket is where the 302 surpasses the 4.6 easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
5.0 is ALOT easier, and ALOT less expensive to get power from too. The modular motors are good motors, but they thrive off boost. Its hard to get a mod motor to hit 350rwhp without boost, or nitrous. They dont respond that well to bolt ons either. I came from a 4.6 to the 5.0's and glad I did.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to hear so far lol i had to get rid of my ol green 5.0 and dam near cried (too many tickets) and i didnt have a back up vehicle to drive til the cops made their quota and they followed me everywhere cuz my car (clearly stood out) was marked in the town i live in :( but for ur response 302feen yes, i have fully rebuilt a 5.4triton in a work van and let me tell ya i never wanna do it again but i cant believe some of the power that the 4.6/5.4s have its just unbelievable how quick they are to rev... maybe i should invest in an aluminum flywheel on a 302... *shrugs* any other advice anyone??

·
Registered
256 Posts
He took the words right out my mouth, I would say go 351, but 302 is a great motor, easy to build cheap to maintain not to mention finding parts to go fast is like so easy even a cave man can do it... :hihi: especially if your worried about cost 4.6 will cost you, save your self the money by switching to 5.0, almost sounded like a commercial :headscratch:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.