Ford Mustang Forum banner

Should I buy a mustang v6

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tysonecko 
#1 ·
Hi I'm new here,this is actually first post.so I'm sorta of a car noob and try to do as much research I can,but there are still some questions that i cant find answers,so i wanted to post some of my question that was in my head before buying a mustang 2000-2011 v6.
1.are mustang reliable
2.do mustang really loss traction fast because I've seen a whole bunch videos of people crashing there mustang.they loss control and slide into traffic.
3.where I live it's always raining so do you think a mustang would hug the street while it's raining
4.hows the handling in a live wheel axel,i do own a 1998 blazer RWD and it's OK on corners.
5.what year should i get

#2 ·
1. 3/4 mustangs I had were reliable, every car is different.

2. The guys crashing their cars at events turn off traction control to perform burnouts and don't have the necessary skills to handle it.

3. GT's and GT500's are more prone to lose traction in the rain and are not drivable in snow, a V6 doesn't have traction issues in rain and it's drivable in light to medium snow. A LOT depends on the tires you have.

4. The handling is pretty good. Obviously take it easy cornering during the rain and snow. Take a test drive and see.

5. Ford really stepped up it's game on the 3.7L for the 2011-14 V6. Highly recommended. The front end styling is different from 11,12 to 13,14. For the street it has excellent power but lacks low end torque which can be improved with some mods. The stock 2011 v6 is marginally slower than a stock 2010 GT.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.