Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a local "Auto Trader" mag and I am seening a '05 Red GT for sale.Low miles. They are asking $10K. The only catch to it is that it is Salvage Tilttle!They say that the Pass. side has damage,but frame not bent,and for that reason,it's Salvage.Would it be worth it? As long as it runs and feels good,it shouldn't be a prob,right?.Opinions PLEASE!!!!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
mustangman01 said:
I'm looking at a local "Auto Trader" mag and I am seening a '05 Red GT for sale.Low miles. They are asking $10K. The only catch to it is that it is Salvage Tilttle!They say that the Pass. side has damage,but frame not bent,and for that reason,it's Salvage.Would it be worth it? As long as it runs and feels good,it shouldn't be a prob,right?.Opinions PLEASE!!!!!!
I wouldn't buy a salvage title because the car will never be worth its KBB value. You may have trouble selling it when the time comes as well. I think if you be patient you will find the right GT :). I'm not too far from bakersfield...you should come here to find something.

·
Registered
168 Posts
the98stang is correct. The desirability and value of a "Salvage" vehicle is pretty low. After all there are too many good cars out there, why would anyone want a Salvage car? They state that there is no frame damage, do you believe that? I can tell you that
I find it difficult to believe a lot of people that I know much less someone that exists in an ad. IF they're telling the truth, IF there's no frame damage and IF you never will sell the car maybe you should consider it. Those are a lot of big "IF"'s. :eyebulge:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good points!

Thanks guys,You guys have good pointers. I don't plan to sell my 1st Mustang,or anyother mustang that I buy(if I ever have more than one). But! people's word's are hard to trust sometimes when it comes to making money. Just had mixed feelings if I ever came across that bridge. Fresno? hmmm!? I have Fam right by there,I should check that out.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I would at least pull a carfax report on it before considering it any further. Why would it be salvaged if there was no frame damage?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good question!

BlueStreak03 said:
I would at least pull a carfax report on it before considering it any further. Why would it be salvaged if there was no frame damage?
I'm sure they are looking for a [email protected] to come along and not ask any questions. I think it's a good deal,cause I wouldn't plan to sell it. BUT!you never man!....Then again,It's good to hear inputs for the future!

·
Registered
604 Posts
If it's too good to be true, then there's something wrong with it. But like I said, there are PLENTY of awesome mustang's out there. Just be patient. Use KBB as your price guide and carfax to make sure the car you want hasn't been damaged or messed with. :winks

·
Registered
701 Posts
No, no, no - ever seen how people struggle to sell these cars?

and by the way, if there is only minor damage done to the car it would not be "salvage"
I got my money on bent or heavy structural damage.

·
Registered
490 Posts
engineer76 said:
No, no, no - ever seen how people struggle to sell these cars?

and by the way, if there is only minor damage done to the car it would not be "salvage"
I got my money on bent or heavy structural damage.

Yeah I agree with Engineer76... Plus there are too many good cars out there. The only reason I'd see to buy one is to part it out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wouldn't touch a salvage title with a ten foot pole. It has more than door damage if they're selling it as salvaged. Probably major frame damage.

You could take it to a body shop that you trust, and have them check it out- I would recommend using one that specializes in Mustangs.

Otherwise, just say NO!

·
Registered
490 Posts
here is what a typical salvage car looks like before the bodyshop gets involved

mustang slight front damage

maybe seeing a car will help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.