Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cobra has 124,000 miles on it, with a new engine put in at 86,000 miles. The car has a Vortech Blower on it, dyno tuned to 375 rwhp with 39 lbs injectors (too small?). It has a king Cobra clutch with original tranny. The rear end is from a Mach 1, with 3.73s. Mach 1 exhaust, JBA headers. (No cats... but they could easily be bolted back on.) The paint is original, shows normal wear and there are two minor dents in the side, about 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm, and the other 0.5 cm x 0.5 cm. There is a check engine light, but my DiabloSport Predator says that there is no code. Its got a billet fuel system. Interior is very clean, with no tears in the leather, just normal wear. I'll be using this car just to get to work and back, which is only a mile away and also to the gym three miles away. What do you guys think? I am really worked up on this car, so I need anothers' opinions. $10,900.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I think its too much money personally. Two months ago I almost bought a 98 Competion Yellow Cobra with 80k miles. It had 4.10s, Hurst shifter, K&N, and weld in flows. I got the guy down to $10500 out the door. So the price was 9 something. I got a hell of a ticket the day I planned to get it so I'm sure my insurance would be super high so I passed on it. I would be worried about buying a car with that much stuff done to it. If it had a lot of paperwork from good shops then I might but I would still be leery. 375 rwhp seems a little low, I wonder how much boost its getting.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the guy called me back and finally agreed to fix the check engine light. I like the car a lot, and I think it would be the perfect car to restore. I always wanted a car with a blower and I always had a thing for a '96. I am expecting the usual problems that go with buying a 10 year old car... I am just going to wait and see how long he will take to get this car fixed.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My friend just sold his 98 cobra for $7000. nothing wrong with it. had about 73xxx miles on it. He bought it about 2 years ago for $10,000 and around 65,xxx miles on it. If that helps any

·
Registered
54 Posts
Look up nada.com or kbb.com
The car average retail is only $6,050.00
Trade in value is $4,360.00

·
Registered
48 Posts
Injectors

I can't say if it is a good deal or not, but as long as you've got enough of a fuel pump to feed them, then the 39 pound injectors you've got should do fine; the '03s have them and can easily support 390+. Have fun. Jim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.